Cooking with freeze dried meats is easy! It saves time because you just scoop what you need out of the can, toss it into what you're making and within 10-30 minutes it's done. There's no chopping, thawing or clean up except the pot you are cooking it in. With this meal, you're making everything in one pot so you've got minimal dishes and this tasty hearty beef and bean chili is on the table in under 30 minutes.
One Pot Easy Hearty Beef and Bean Chili
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. garlic
- 1 c. Thrive Ground Beef (Hamburger)
- 1/2 c. Thrive Sausage Crumbles
- 9 c. water
- 2 c. Thrive Instant Red Beans
- 1/2 c. Thrive Green Chili Peppers
- 1/2 c. Thrive Chopped Onions
- 1/2 c. Thrive Red Bell Peppers
- 2 tbsp. Thrive Tomato Powder (see notes)
- 1/2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tbsp. Thrive Chefs Choice
- 1 tbsp. Thrive Beef Bouillon
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. Worchestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. Cholula hot sauce
- 1/2 c. Thrive Espagnole (Savory Beef Gravy) (dry)
- In a stock pot, sweat garlic and butter together.
- Add beef and sausage and stir until lightly browned.
- Add water, then all remaining ingredients except sauce powder. Simmer for 12 minutes.
- Add espagnole slowly while whisking. Bring back to a simmer for 3 minutes. Allow to rest. 2–3 minutes before serving.
Thrive no longer carries tomato powder. I know, it's a sad day but there are rumblings it may come back and we are keeping our fingers and toes crossed that happens. Until that happens, I've been ordering tomato powder from Amazon or I just toss in Thrive's tomato sauce instead. If you're using Thrive's tomato sauce you may need to add a little extra water so always keep on eye on the food when it's cooking.
You can also choose to use all Thrive hamburger or all Thrive sausage crumbles in this recipe if you don't have one or the other.
If Thrive chopped onions aren't in stock, you can substitute Thrive onion slices. We keep both on hand because they are so convenient. Once you go Thrive freeze dried onions, you won't ever cut another onion again!
Why use Thrive Life Freeze Dried Foods?
Thrive freeze dried foods are different than any other kind you’ll find on the market.
- These foods won’t spoil in a few days…or even a few weeks. They’re good.
- You won’t be thawing, degreasing, or cutting raw meat.
- You won’t be chopping veggies or washing and peeling fruit.
- There’s an extra burst of flavor you won’t find anywhere else! Just take a bite!
- Just toss in any meal or refresh (rehydrate) in warm water.
- Free of GMOs, preservatives, artificial nonsense and chemical junk
- The Nutrilock Promise! It's our little secret that makes our food higher in nutrients and freeze-dried fresh all year long. It's a rigorous 41 step process that one Thrive Life owns, and it takes that wild, naturally ripened food and gently locks in the nutrients and flavor without the use of preservatives. Can the grocery store do that?
Want to get a percentage back on your own Thrive Life orders and recommend the products to others? Join us and become a consultant. Click here for details. When you sign up, watch for our names - Lisa and Rich Jelinek to know you're on our site. We'll be sending you an email welcome and check your junk folder if you don't see it.
Lisa and Rich Jelinek