I am all about easy and quick one pan meals and this 1 Pan Coconut Chicken and Rice recipe fits that! This month Thrive Life chopped chicken is on special too!
If you haven't cooked with freeze dried chicken you don't know what you're missing! It's super convenient because you don't have to wash or chop anything. It's all done for you and you just need to refresh it. Refreshing freeze dried meats is just adding water or tossing it into a recipe that has sauce and letting hydrate.
Since this is coconut chicken we added coconut milk and unsweetened coconut flakes. We used full fat coconut milk and before you add the can of coconut milk to your pan be sure to shake it up. The coconut cream will stay on the top and form a hard shell. You can break up any of the coconut cream that didn't shake up once you have it in your pan.
We used a large lime. If you have limes that are on the small size then I would suggest using 2.
1 Pan Coconut Chicken and Rice Recipe
- 3/4 c. Thrive chopped chicken
- 1/3 c. Thrive chopped onions (can use Thrive onion slices as a substitute)
- 1/3 c. Thrive red bell peppers
- 1/3 c. Thrive green bell peppers
- 1/3 c. Thrive mushrooms
- 1/2 c. Thrive instant white rice (can use Thrive instant brown rice as a substitute)
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 lime (squeezed)
- 1/2 tablespoon cilantro (dried)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 can full fat unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 c. unsweetened coconut flakes
Add all ingredients to pan, stir and bring to a boil uncovered.
Once boiling cover and reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes.
Stir and uncover, reducing to a medium simmer for 5-8 minutes until rice is done. Stir as needed during this time and keep an eye on the liquid level since you don't want it to burn. If it's low on liquid and the rice is not done add a small amount of water.
Turn off, cover and let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
Why use Thrive Life Freeze Dried Foods?
Thrive freeze dried foods are different than any other kind you’ll find on the market.
- These foods won’t spoil in a few days…or even a few weeks. They’re good.
- You won’t be thawing, degreasing, or cutting raw meat.
- You won’t be chopping veggies or washing and peeling fruit.
- There’s an extra burst of flavor you won’t find anywhere else! Just take a bite!
- Just toss in any meal or refresh (rehydrate) in warm water.
- Free of GMOs, preservatives, artificial nonsense and chemical junk
- The Nutrilock Promise! It's our little secret that makes our food higher in nutrients and freeze-dried fresh all year long. It's a rigorous 41 step process that one Thrive Life owns, and it takes that wild, naturally ripened food and gently locks in the nutrients and flavor without the use of preservatives. Can the grocery store do that?
Want to get a percentage back on your own Thrive Life orders and recommend the products to others? Join us and become a consultant. Click here for details. When you sign up, watch for our names - Lisa and Rich Jelinek to know you're on our site. We'll be sending you an email welcome and check your junk folder if you don't see it.
Lisa and Rich Jelinek