Skillet Potatoes can be made on the stove top in a skillet or in a dutch oven! It's also great with or without bacon. This recipe makes 6 servings and will be ready in about 30 minutes.
Skillet Potatoes are great as a main meal or a side dish and if you don't have Thrive Colby Jack shredded cheese you can use Thrive shredded cheddar cheese. Whichever cheese you choose, you'll want to refresh or rehydrate it before using. Click here for our easy video on refreshing freeze dried cheese.
If you want to add Thrive chopped chicken or Thrive ground beef instead of bacon those would be a great substitute as well.
Skillet Potatoes Recipe
- Refresh potatoes by covering them with water and warming for 20 minutes.
- Refresh remaining vegetables by covering with warm water and draining excess water after 5 minutes.
- Brown the bacon in a large skillet or Dutch oven. Add vegetables, garlic, and oil and stir quickly.
- Drain potatoes and add to mixture. Stir in seasonings and brown. Add the water and cook until dry and brown again.
- Stir well and top with cheese, allowing it to melt for 3–4 minutes before serving.
Why use Thrive Life Freeze Dried Foods?
Thrive freeze dried foods are different than any other kind you’ll find on the market.
- These foods won’t spoil in a few days…or even a few weeks. They’re good.
- You won’t be thawing, degreasing, or cutting raw meat.
- You won’t be chopping veggies or washing and peeling fruit.
- There’s an extra burst of flavor you won’t find anywhere else! Just take a bite!
- Just toss in any meal or refresh (rehydrate) in warm water.
- Free of GMOs, preservatives, artificial nonsense and chemical junk
- The Nutrilock Promise! It's our little secret that makes our food higher in nutrients and freeze-dried fresh all year long. It's a rigorous 41 step process that one Thrive Life owns, and it takes that wild, naturally ripened food and gently locks in the nutrients and flavor without the use of preservatives. Can the grocery store do that?
Want to get a percentage back on your own Thrive Life orders and recommend the products to others? Join us and become a consultant. Click here for details. When you sign up, watch for our names - Lisa and Rich Jelinek to know you're on our site. We'll be sending you an email welcome and check your junk folder if you don't see it.
Lisa and Rich Jelinek