Thrive pulled pork is one of our favorites! Even though it is the only meat they have with a short shelf life, once opened, it's still on the top of our list. It is the most tender pulled pork we've had and tastes delicious in any recipe we've made with it.
Once you open your Thrive pulled pork, you'll want to use the can within 2-4 weeks. We keep our opened can in the fridge but some people have even said they freeze the remainder to keep it longer. Unopened the cans last up to 25 years. We've never had a problem with using up all our pulled pork within a month because it's so darn good!
This recipe is simple and very filling. We topped it with Thrive shredded cheddar cheese. If you're not a cheese lover, feel free to leave it off the top. If you are topping with cheese, make sure to refresh your freeze dried cheese before adding it to the top. Not sure how to do that? Click here and watch the video on how easy it is to refresh freeze dried cheese.
Pulled Pork Bake Recipe
- 1 c. Thrive Pulled Pork
- 1 c. Thrive Zucchini
- 1 c. Thrive Sweet Corn
- 2 c. Thrive Mashed Potatoes
- 1 teaspoon Thrive Butter Powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder (1 for pulled pork and 1 for mashed potatoes)
- 1/2 c. Thrive Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tablespoon + 2-1/4 teaspoons Thrive Espagnole Sauce
- 1 c. water
Preheat over to 350 degrees.
In an oven safe bowl, add pulled pork, zucchini, corn and 2 cups hot water. Let refresh about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Make sure all ingredients are covered so they can fully refresh.
In a saucepan, bring 2 1⁄2 cups water, 1 teaspoon butter powder and 1 teaspoon garlic powder to a simmer. Add 2 cup Mashed Potatoes and whisk until combined. If the mashed potatoes are not as thick as you would like, add 1/4 to 1/2 c. more mashed potatoes slowly as you are whisking. Remove from heat and allow to rest 1 minute.
Once items in oven safe bowl are refreshed, drain as much water as you can. Add your garlic powder and stir. Then top with mashed potatoes and put in oven for 15 minutes.
During the last 5 minutes of baking, top with Thrive shredded cheddar cheese (refreshed). Click here on how to refresh cheese.
While baking, prepare the sauce. Slowly whisk powder into hot water and stir well. Simmer for 2–3 minutes.
Add the sauce once you've put your portion on the plate.
Why use Thrive Life Freeze Dried Foods?
Thrive freeze dried foods are different than any other kind you’ll find on the market.
- These foods won’t spoil in a few days…or even a few weeks. They’re good.
- You won’t be thawing, degreasing, or cutting raw meat.
- You won’t be chopping veggies or washing and peeling fruit.
- There’s an extra burst of flavor you won’t find anywhere else! Just take a bite!
- Just toss in any meal or refresh (rehydrate) in warm water.
- Free of GMOs, preservatives, artificial nonsense and chemical junk
- The Nutrilock Promise! It's our little secret that makes our food higher in nutrients and freeze-dried fresh all year long. It's a rigorous 41 step process that one Thrive Life owns, and it takes that wild, naturally ripened food and gently locks in the nutrients and flavor without the use of preservatives. Can the grocery store do that?
Want to get a percentage back on your own Thrive Life orders and recommend the products to others? Join us and become a consultant. Click here for details. When you sign up, watch for our names - Lisa and Rich Jelinek to know you're on our site. We'll be sending you an email welcome and check your junk folder if you don't see it.
Lisa and Rich Jelinek