One Pot Street Chicken And Corn Salad
Cold or warm, this One Pot Street Chicken and Salad recipe is not only easy, it's delicious with lots of flavor! I love that this can be made in one pot also.
The One Pot Street Chicken and Salad recipe can be served as the main dish or a side dish which makes it even more versatile. If you take this to a BBQ or picnic, be sure to bring a lot because people will want second and third helpings. As you'll see in the pictures, you can serve this on a plate or in a bowl. So many options for one meal!
Since we are adding Thrive shredded cheddar cheese after it's cooked, if you serve this warm the cheese will become melty which makes it great as the main dish. If you want the cheese to remain non-melty, be sure to semi-cool this before adding the cheese.
We chose Thrive freeze dried chopped chicken. It's the smallest pieces of the freeze dried chicken options available from Thrive Life. Click here to view the 3 Thrive Life chicken options available.
Freeze dried chicken is awesome! If you haven't tried it yet, you're going to love it. It is the most convenient way to have chicken available and ready for any meal. There's no cleaning, cooking or cutting involved either. We haven't bought chicken since we started using Thrive's freeze dried chicken. There is no waste which is another major benefit.
We're using Thrive shredded cheddar cheese in this recipe as well. With this recipe, you will need to refresh (or rehydrate) the cheddar cheese prior to use. It's simple to refresh freeze dried cheese but you do need to do this at least 30 minutes prior to use. Watch our quick video on how easy it is refresh Thrive freeze dried cheese.
In recipes where we don't need cold or individual pieces of cheese, we'll oftentimes just refresh it right along while cooking the meal.
You're going to love Thrive's corn! Freeze dried corn from Thrive can be eaten as a snack too. It tastes like corn on the cob and has a better flavor than frozen or canned.
For this recipe we used the large elbow noodles but have made it with the small elbow noodles as well. You can really use any noodle that you have on hand but I feel the elbow noodles work the best. It also gives it a more "picnicky" type feel if you are serving this at a BBQ.
One Pot Street Chicken And Corn Salad Recipe
- 3/4 c. large elbow noodles
- 3/4 c. Thrive chopped chicken
- 3/4 c. Thrive corn
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Thrive cilantro
- 1/2 c. sour cream (if using Thrive sour cream, prepare it first)
- 1/2 c. Mayonnaise (any brand is fine but we used Miracle Whip)
- 1/2 c. Thrive shredded cheddar cheese (refreshed prior to use)
Add water to pot. You'll want to add enough to cook your elbow noodles, chopped chicken and corn. I add those ingredients to the water right away and turn on the burner. This way your noodles and Thrive foods will be ready within about 5 minutes of when your water starts to boil. Since the corn will want to float to the top, be sure to stir this every few minutes during the process so that everything refreshes.
When your noodles are ready be sure to test your chicken and make sure it's been fully refreshed as well. This means that you don't want crunchy chicken. Depending on your stove, it may take a little longer than 5 minutes once boiling to be sure to test it.
Remove from burner and add in juice from lime, chili powder, garlic powder, Thrive cilantro, sour cream and mayonnaise. Stir until mixed well.
If you're serving warm, you can add the cheese right away. If you're serving this as a cold dish, transfer your food to a bowl and place in the refrigerator for at least a half hour before stirring in cheese.
Top with additional Thrive cilantro before serving.
Why use Thrive Life Freeze Dried Foods?
Thrive freeze dried foods are different than any other kind you’ll find on the market.
- These foods won’t spoil in a few days…or even a few weeks. They’re good.
- You won’t be thawing, degreasing, or cutting raw meat.
- You won’t be chopping veggies or washing and peeling fruit.
- There’s an extra burst of flavor you won’t find anywhere else! Just take a bite!
- Just toss in any meal or refresh (rehydrate) in warm water.
- Free of GMOs, preservatives, artificial nonsense and chemical junk
- The Nutrilock Promise! It's our little secret that makes our food higher in nutrients and freeze-dried fresh all year long. It's a rigorous 41 step process that one we own, and that it takes that wild, naturally ripened food and gently locks in the nutrients and flavor without the use of preservatives. Can the grocery store do that?
Want to get a percentage back on your own Thrive Life orders and recommend the products to others? Join us and become a consultant. Click here for details. When you sign up, watch for our names - Lisa and Rich Jelinek to know you're on our site. We'll be sending you an email welcome and check your junk folder if you don't see it.
Lisa and Rich Jelinek
Stay updated on sales and recipes. Sign up for our newsletter.