BBQ Chicken Sliders
Looking for a quick lunch or dinner? Look no further because BBQ Chicken Sliders are easy to make and you'll have that meal on the table in no time. This will make about 8 servings based on the size of your slider buns.
BBQ Chicken Slider Recipe
- 1 c. water, hot
- 1 1/2 c. Thrive Seasoned Chicken Slices
- 1/4 c. Thrive Red Bell Peppers
- 4 oz bacon, diced
- 1/4 c. Thrive Chopped Onions - Freeze Dried rehydrated
- 1/2 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. Thrive Chefs Choice
- 1/2 c. Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce
- 1/2 tsp. liquid smoke flavoring
- Add hot water to chicken and red bell peppers in a bowl and let sit to reconstitute.
- Cook bacon over medium heat until almost caramelized. Add onions and sauté until translucent.
- Drain off half the bacon grease, then add garlic and chicken mixture and sauté until water is almost gone. Add Chef’s Choice, ¾ cup BBQ sauce, and smoke flavoring and heat through.
- Spread remaining BBQ sauce on small slider size buns and add chicken mixture as desired.
Regarding the onions, you can choose to rehydrate them first before adding them to the bacon or just toss them in straight from the can. I've done both and because the chopped onions are so small, they rehydrate right in the bacon. It is a personal preference and people do choose to rehydrate them in a small glass of water first, drain the water and toss in.
We rehydrate the chicken and peppers while cooking the bacon. Be sure to drain the water after rehydrating freeze dried foods. Since we're using the seasoned chicken slices, we give this about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, to rehydrate.
Why use Thrive Life Freeze Dried Foods?
Thrive freeze dried foods are different than any other kind you’ll find on the market.
- These foods won’t spoil in a few days…or even a few weeks. They’re good.
- You won’t be thawing, degreasing, or cutting raw meat.
- You won’t be chopping veggies or washing and peeling fruit.
- There’s an extra burst of flavor you won’t find anywhere else! Just take a bite!
- Just toss in any meal or refresh (rehydrate) in warm water.
- Free of GMOs, preservatives, artificial nonsense and chemical junk
- The Nutrilock Promise! It's our little secret that makes our food higher in nutrients and freeze-dried fresh all year long. It's a rigorous 41 step process that one Thrive Life owns, and it takes that wild, naturally ripened food and gently locks in the nutrients and flavor without the use of preservatives. Can the grocery store do that?
Want to get a percentage back on your own Thrive Life orders and recommend the products to others? Join us and become a consultant. Click here for details. When you sign up, watch for our names - Lisa and Rich Jelinek to know you're on our site. We'll be sending you an email welcome and check your junk folder if you don't see it.
Lisa and Rich Jelinek
Stay updated on sales and recipes. Sign up for our newsletter.