Yum-my! What's better than a cookie? Nothing but when you can make that cookie even healthier, I'm ALL for that!
This has been my go-to cookie recipe for a long time since it's on the healthier side and uses honey as the sweetener instead of sugar. This time we "Ruvi-lized" our cookies with Ruvi Focus.
How do they taste? DELICIOUS! The cookie itself looks like a dark chocolate cookie because of the Ruvi Focus.
What is Ruvi Focus?
Ruvi Focus is energy for your brain and who couldn't use a little more brain energy, right? It has Blueberry, Grape, Blackberry, Banana, Strawberry, Broccoli, Zucchini, Spinach, Acai, and Maqui Berry and is a delicious, healthy drink from Thrive Life. It's 2 1/2 servings of fruit and 1 1/2 serving of vegetables per packet and that's it. No added sugars, no preservatives or fillers and all the fiber.
Ruvi Focus adds a healthy boost to your cookie! For me, that means I can even feel better while munching away on these Ruvi Focus cookies! Yay me!
Ruvi has 4 tasty flavors and as of this writing, the packets of Ruvi have a best by date now 12 months from the date of manufacturing. Thrive Life continues to test Ruvi real time in its packaging and since Ruvi is so new you will continue to see the best by date get longer over time. We know based on longevity testing on freeze dried ingredients that freeze dried food retains its nutrition and taste for years. However, Thrive Life will continue to test Ruvi to be sure the powder remains free-flowing and performs well. Check out more info on our 4 flavors of Ruvi here. Not only do we love drinking it, as you've noticed, we also like adding it into items we're making!
I'm warning you right now...you will be addicted to these cookies. I TRY and limit myself to 1 per day but once in awhile will have 2. I'm sure it helps because I make a pretty large cookie. Using a cookie scooper and a generous scoop each time, this recipe makes about 30 cookies as I make 2 cookie sheets with 15 each. They also don't spread much when you're cooking them so you don't need to worry about that. They are a cake-type cookie. Mmmmmm cookies and cake? Yes, please!
Ruvi Focus Peanut Butter, Oatmeal And Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 c. all natural peanut butter (we use this brand)
- 1/2 c. honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 c. quick cooking oats
- 1 1/2 c. dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons Thrive Scrambled Egg Mix (combine with 6 tablespoons of water)
- 1 package Thrive Ruvi Focus
Thrive freeze dried foods are different than any other kind you’ll find on the market.
- These foods won’t spoil in a few days…or even a few weeks. They’re good.
- You won’t be thawing, degreasing, or cutting raw meat.
- You won’t be chopping veggies or washing and peeling fruit.
- There’s an extra burst of flavor you won’t find anywhere else! Just take a bite!
- Just toss in any meal or refresh (rehydrate) in warm water.
- Free of GMOs, preservatives, artificial nonsense and chemical junk
- The Nutrilock Promise! It's our little secret that makes our food higher in nutrients and freeze-dried fresh all year long. It's a rigorous 41 step process that one we own, and that it takes that wild, naturally ripened food and gently locks in the nutrients and flavor without the use of preservatives. Can the grocery store do that?
Want to get a percentage back on your own Thrive Life orders and recommend the products to others? Join us and become a consultant. Click here for details. When you sign up, watch for our names - Lisa and Rich Jelinek to know you're on our site. We'll be sending you an email welcome and check your junk folder if you don't see it.
Lisa and Rich Jelinek