It's Monday and for many that means Meatless Monday! This recipe is hardy. If you've never had potato gnocchi before, they are dense and have a dumpling like texture. This meal will leave you full.
If you want to make it vegan, there is vegan gnocchi available too.
We used a tablespoon of Thrive Life green chili peppers but if you like more heat, add an extra tablespoon or two. I love these because I don't love cutting green chili peppers and I can just scoop what I need out of the can. Plus I always have them on hand to toss into recipes which is super convenient.
Mexican Potato Gnocchi Recipe
- 1 bag Gnocchi (we used the one that is in the pasta aisle)
- 1/2 c. Thrive red bell peppers
- 1/4 c. Thrive chopped onions or onion slices
- 1 tablespoon Thrive green chili peppers
- 1 can black beans (no salt added) or Thrive instant black beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes (no salt added)
- 1/2 c. fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning (We use our homemade no sodium seasoning)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
In skillet add olive oil and potato gnocchi. Stir for 4-5 minutes to slightly brown.
Add the rest of the ingredients, stir and simmer for 10-12 minutes covered. If it seems like no enough liquid, add a small amount of water. You want the peppers, onions and chili peppers to refresh in the liquid.
If you are using Thrive instant black beans, be sure to refresh them before adding them to this meal. They take longer to refresh and won't be done in time if you just simmer in the diced tomatoes.
Top with additional nutritional yeast (optional).
Why use Thrive Life foods?
Thrive food is different than any other kind you’ll find on the market.
- These foods won’t spoil in a few days…or even a few weeks. They’re good.
- You won’t be thawing, degreasing, or cutting raw meat.
- You won’t be chopping veggies or washing and peeling fruit.
- There’s an extra burst of flavor you won’t find anywhere else! Just take a bite!
- Just toss in any meal or refresh (rehydrate) in warm water.
- Free of GMOs, preservatives, artificial nonsense and chemical junk
- The Nutrilock Promise! It's our little secret that makes our food higher in nutrients and freeze-dried fresh all year long. It's a rigorous 41 step process that one we own, and that it takes that wild, naturally ripened food and gently locks in the nutrients and flavor without the use of preservatives. Can the grocery store do that?
Want to get a percentage back on your own Thrive Life orders and recommend the products to others? Join us and become a consultant. Click here for details. When you sign up, watch for our names - Lisa and Rich Jelinek to know you're on our site. We'll be sending you an email welcome and check your junk folder if you don't see it.
Lisa and Rich Jelinek