Delish! This cake is moist with a hint of strawberry and pineapple throughout. It's not overpowering and is a nice mix with the peanut butter and dark chocolate chips. I went light on the strawberries and pineapple addition but making this again, I'll go a 1/2 cup of each. We're using Thrive Life freeze dried fruits in this recipe. Wait until you taste them! You can purchase them in a snackie size, pantry size can or a family size can. All of Thrive Life's fruits are great to snack right out of the bag or can.
As usual, we stayed away from sugar and used honey as our sweetener.
This recipe, I believe, has a bit of wiggle room. With that I mean you could use 2 cups of mashed bananas and more powdered strawberries and pineapples. If you do, be sure to watch the cooking time as it may take a bit longer.
We baked this for 40 minutes. Since there isn't eggs in the recipe, there wasn't a concern about it being undercooked. The top was a nice, golden brown.
When you line the 8x8 pan with parchment paper it makes clean up a breeze! Plus I pulled the entire cake out of the pan and transferred it easily to a plate.
The cake freezes well. We warmed it up with a small amount of unsalted butter on the top for 30-45 seconds in the microwave. The dark chocolate chips are warm and gooey.
Peanut Butter Banana Split Cake
- 3/4 c. peanut butter (creamy, we used Crazy Richards no sodium)
- 1/2 c. raw, organic honey
- 1 3/4 c. mashed, ripe bananas (this was approximately 2 large bananas)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (freshly squeezed, 1 medium lemon)
- 1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 c. Thrive Life strawberries (heaping, uncrushed)
- 1/4 c. Thrive Life pineapples (heaping, uncrushed)
- 1/2 c. dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a food processor, add the Thrive Life strawberries and pineapples and blend until powdered. Be sure to use a heaping 1/4 cup of each.
Add wet ingredients to bowl and mix with a mixer.
In separate bowl, add all dry ingredients (except chocolate chips) and whisk together.
Fold dry ingredients in slowly as you continue mixing into wet ingredients. Batter should be thick. Once mixed, stir in chocolate chips.
Transfer mixture to an 8x8 pan lined with parchment paper.
Bake 35-40 minutes until center is done.
Serve topped with unsweetened coconut (optional).
Why use Thrive Life foods?
Thrive food is different than any other kind you’ll find on the market.
- These foods won’t spoil in a few days…or even a few weeks. They’re good.
- You won’t be thawing, degreasing, or cutting raw meat.
- You won’t be chopping veggies or washing and peeling fruit.
- There’s an extra burst of flavor you won’t find anywhere else! Just take a bite!
- Just toss in any meal or refresh (rehydrate) in warm water.
- Free of GMOs, preservatives, artificial nonsense and chemical junk
- The Nutrilock Promise! It's our little secret that makes our food higher in nutrients and freeze-dried fresh all year long. It's a rigorous 41 step process that one we own, and that it takes that wild, naturally ripened food and gently locks in the nutrients and flavor without the use of preservatives. Can the grocery store do that?
Want to get a percentage back on your own Thrive Life orders and recommend the products to others? Join us and become a consultant. Click here for details. When you sign up, watch for our names - Lisa and Rich Jelinek to know you're on our site. We'll be sending you an email welcome and check your junk folder if you don't see it.
Lisa and Rich Jelinek