Simple meal that tastes great! We used Thrive freeze dried seasoned chicken slices for this one since we wanted larger chicken pieces than the Thrive chopped chicken. It's already seasoned so it gives the meal a great taste. If you're opting for low sodium, you'll always want to choose the Thrive chopped chicken instead.
Another great food from Thrive is the mashed potatoes. We don't eat a lot of potatoes in our house so buying a bag doesn't work out. Having Thrive mashed potatoes on hand is very helpful when we want to add them to a meal.
Thrive Veloute is a rich white sauce infused with chicken flavor. It's convenient to have as a gravy or mix it into soups and other recipes.
Chicken Mushroom Gravy And Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1 c. Thrive Seasoned Chicken Slices
- 3/4 c. Thrive Mushrooms
- 1/2 c. Thrive Onion Slices
- 1/2 c. Thrive Veloute Sauce (chicken gravy)
- 1/2 teaspoon Thrive Chef's Choice Seasoning
- 2 1/2 c. Water
In a medium saucepan, melt butter and garlic. Add chicken, mushrooms and onions and brown slightly.
Add water and seasoning, stir and simmer until chicken is refreshed. This will be approximately 10-13 minutes.
Once the chicken is refreshed, add Veloute sauce, stir and let simmer on low to thicken.
Ingredients (Mashed Potatoes):
- 2 1/2 c. Water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 c. Thrive Mashed Potatoes
Directions (Mashed Potatoes):
Add water, garlic powder and butter and bring to a simmer.
Add potatoes and whisk together. Remove from the heat for 1 minute and serve.
Why use Thrive Life foods?
Thrive food is different than any other kind you’ll find on the market.
- These foods won’t spoil in a few days…or even a few weeks. They’re good.
- You won’t be thawing, degreasing, or cutting raw meat.
- You won’t be chopping veggies or washing and peeling fruit.
- There’s an extra burst of flavor you won’t find anywhere else! Just take a bite!
- Just toss in any meal or refresh (rehydrate) in warm water.
- Free of GMOs, preservatives, artificial nonsense and chemical junk
- The Nutrilock Promise! It's our little secret that makes our food higher in nutrients and freeze-dried fresh all year long. It's a rigorous 41 step process that one we own, and that it takes that wild, naturally ripened food and gently locks in the nutrients and flavor without the use of preservatives. Can the grocery store do that?
Want to get a percentage back on your own Thrive Life orders and recommend the products to others? Join us and become a consultant. Click here for details. When you sign up, watch for our names - Lisa and Rich Jelinek to know you're on our site. We'll be sending you an email welcome and check your junk folder if you don't see it.
Lisa and Rich Jelinek