Orzo is a small rice shaped pasta and cooking with it makes meals fun. This one pot Italian chicken orzo recipe as a bold basil flavor and is delicious.
We used Thrive Life chopped chicken in the recipe because it refreshes quick which makes it perfect for this recipe because once everything is in the pot, you'll only simmer it for 10-12 minutes. I love a meal that is ready and on the table in under 20 minutes and makes dinner time a snap.
Thrive's chopped chicken is freeze dried and already cooked. You can toss it into a meal like this and it refreshes right along with the food cooking. The chicken is gmo free, gluten free and has no added sugars or preservatives.
We also used Thrive Life'z zucchini and mushrooms in this recipe. Again, no washing or chopping and are ready when I want to use them. It's what makes having Thrive Life's food on hands the best! You never have to run to the store for ingredients because they are already in your pantry or food storage area! If you make this recipe without Thrive Life's chopped chicken, zucchini or mushrooms you're adding at least 45 minutes prep and additional cooking time. Who wants to spend extra time cooking?
As with all our recipes, we try and keep them low sodium and this is no exception. We used no salt added diced tomatoes and Herb Ox sodium free chicken bouillon. I just tossed 1 1/2 teaspoons of the Herb Ox sodium free chicken bouillon into the recipe while cooking. No need to prepare ahead and if you're looking for beef bouillon that's sodium free, Herb Ox has that too.
I tossed the basil in the food processor and pulsed until fine.
One Pot Italian Chicken Orzo Recipe
- 1 c. orzo
- 1 c. Thrive Life chopped chicken
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Thrive Life Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes (no salt added)
- 1 1/2 c. chicken broth (low sodium broth or 1 1/2 teaspoons no sodium bouillon)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 c. fresh basil, minced fine
- 1/2 c. Thrive Life zucchini
- 1/2 c. Thrive Life mushrooms
- Add olive oil to pot and slightly toast orzo, minced garlic and onions for 2-3 minutes. Stir while toasting.
- Add all ingredients except basil. Stir and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, cover and cook 10-12 minutes until chicken, zucchini and mushrooms are refreshed.
- Turn heat off, stir in basil. Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Serve and top with additional basil, Thrive Italian seasoning, Thrive parsley or Thrive parmesan cheese.
Why use Thrive Life foods?
Thrive food is different than any other kind you’ll find on the market.
- These foods won’t spoil in a few days…or even a few weeks. They’re good.
- You won’t be thawing, degreasing, or cutting raw meat.
- You won’t be chopping veggies or washing and peeling fruit.
- There’s an extra burst of flavor you won’t find anywhere else! Just take a bite!
- Just toss in any meal or refresh (rehydrate) in warm water.
- Free of GMOs, preservatives, artificial nonsense and chemical junk
- The Nutrilock Promise! It's our little secret that makes our food higher in nutrients and freeze-dried fresh all year long. It's a rigorous 41 step process that one we own, and that it takes that wild, naturally ripened food and gently locks in the nutrients and flavor without the use of preservatives. Can the grocery store do that?
Want to get a percentage back on your own Thrive Life orders and recommend the products to others? Join us and become a consultant. Click here for details. When you sign up, watch for our names - Lisa and Rich Jelinek to know you're on our site. We'll be sending you an email welcome and check your junk folder if you don't see it.
Lisa and Rich Jelinek