You had me at healthy and delicious and then added peanut butter and banana?!? Oh yes please!
These cookies are super simple to make and taste great. They have no added sugar but they are sweetened with honey which is my favorite way to sweeten any dessert.
As you can see by the picture, I went a little, ok A LOT, heavy on the dark chocolate chips. I am a cookie monster and I love chocolate chips! I added 1 1/2 cups and it took the healthy part a notch down. But hey, they were dark chocolate chips so I get points back for that.
For those of you using milk chocolate chips, I would not suggest going heavy handed on the chocolate chips and only add 1 cup. Milk chocolate chips seem to melt more and I think that would make this cookie a gooey mess. But hey, gooey messes are yummy too! The dark chocolate chips don't melt as much so whether you use 1 cup or 1 1/2 cups, you should be fine.
We're also using Thrive Life banana slices in this recipe. These are delicious to snack on straight from the can and super convenient to have on hand when you want to make cookies and have no bananas.
These take less than 15 minutes to put together and then roughly 13-16 minutes to bake. My first batch took 16 minutes and my second took 14 minutes since the cookie sheet was already hot. They don't spread much and I dropped these on by the tablespoon instead of a cookie scoop with a trigger to make them uniform.
If they don't look beautiful, your tummy and taste buds won't care. If you do want a prettier cookie, using the cookie scoop.
Healthy And Delicious Peanut Butter Banana Cookies Recipe
- 2 cups Thrive Life Bananas
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 cup Peanut Butter (I used no added salt or sugars Crazy Richards Peanut Butter)
- 1 cup Milk or Dark Chocolate Chips (if using dark chocolate chips, you can be heavy handed)
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a blender, puree bananas with water until smooth.
3. In a medium bowl, mix banana puree with all other ingredients until well combined. Scoop 1 inch balls onto two cookie sheets. Press down slightly on each ball of dough.
4. Bake in oven for 13-16 minutes and enjoy!
Why did we choose Thrive Life banana slices?
- No GMOs
- Gluten free
- No preservatives
- No added sugar
- Freeze dried and Nutrilock certified
- Peeled, sliced, ready to go
- No more brown bananas
- Freeze-dried fresh to last up to a year after opening
Thrive Life banana slices are super popular and as soon as I had this recipe done, they went out of stock. Thrive expects to have almost all of their products back in stock within the next couple weeks since the pandemic sold out their warehouse. If you check and they aren't in stock, be sure to sign up for our newsletter to keep updated.
Why use Thrive Life foods?
Thrive food is different than any other kind you’ll find on the market.
- These foods won’t spoil in a few days…or even a few weeks. They’re good.
- You won’t be thawing, degreasing, or cutting raw meat.
- You won’t be chopping veggies or washing and peeling fruit.
- There’s an extra burst of flavor you won’t find anywhere else! Just take a bite!
- Just toss in any meal or refresh (rehydrate) in warm water.
- Free of GMOs, preservatives, artificial nonsense and chemical junk
- The Nutrilock Promise! It's our little secret that makes our food higher in nutrients and freeze-dried fresh all year long. It's a rigorous 41 step process that one we own, and that it takes that wild, naturally ripened food and gently locks in the nutrients and flavor without the use of preservatives. Can the grocery store do that?
Want to get a percentage back on your own Thrive Life orders and recommend the products to others? Join us and become a consultant. Click here for details. When you sign up, watch for our names - Lisa and Rich Jelinek to know you're on our site. We'll be sending you an email welcome and check your junk folder if you don't see it.
Lisa and Rich Jelinek