Low Sodium 5 Minute Salsa Recipe
If you've been looking for low sodium salsa, you know it's tough to find. When you do find it, it's not cheap. It always amazes me that when a company doesn't add salt to something, it becomes a specialty item and therefore there is an upcharge.
So, I've been in the salsa conundrum for awhile. When I want to add salsa to a meal, I use a tiny amount because the sodium content is so high. I don't dare eat chips and salsa because the combination of the two of them add up to way past the recommended sodium amount daily.
In steps this easy, 5 minute salsa and it tastes great!
If you do have a salt lover in your house, no worries. This makes a good amount so they can scoop what they want and add salt! Problem solved and you're free to enjoy this low sodium version and not feel like you're missing out.
I'm using Thrive Life chopped onions and green chili peppers for this recipe. Why? Because I don't like chopping onions or green chili peppers! Plus this makes the recipe under 5 minutes because I just scoop what I need from the can and add it to the food processor.
In this recipe, I did not refresh the chopped onions or green chili peppers and just added them straight from the can. The combination of the juice from the diced tomatoes and lime, refresh them quickly.
Thrive Life foods are my go-to foods because they are easy to use and there isn't waste. Plus they save time in the kitchen and who doesn't want that?
Instead of tortilla chips, I'm using Blue Diamond Almond Nut Thins which are low sodium. These, along with Crunchmaster Multi-Grain Crackers, have been my favorite in the low sodium cracker finds.
Low Sodium 5 Minute Salsa Recipe
- 1 14.5oz can no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Thrive green chili peppers
- 1/8 Thrive chopped onions
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 c. cilantro, tightly packed
Add everything to your food processor and pulse until blended.
***This makes a milder salsa. If you want a hotter salsa, increase the green chili pepper amount. I originally started with a teaspoon of green chili pepper but increased it to a tablespoon. We may go to 1 1/2 tablespoons in the future since my husband does like it hotter.
Didn't I say it was E-A-S-Y?
I can't wait until you try it! I know right now a lot of Thrive Life foods are going in and out of stock due to the shortages. The company is working around the clock to bring food back in stock. Sign up for our newsletter to stay updated. I have some tips in this post for shopping Thrive Life's website right now.
Why use Thrive Life foods?
Thrive food is different than any other kind you’ll find on the market.
- These foods won’t spoil in a few days…or even a few weeks. They’re good.
- You won’t be thawing, degreasing, or cutting raw meat.
- You won’t be chopping veggies or washing and peeling fruit.
- There’s an extra burst of flavor you won’t find anywhere else! Just take a bite!
- Just toss in any meal or refresh (rehydrate) in warm water.
- Free of GMOs, preservatives, artificial nonsense and chemical junk
- The Nutrilock Promise! It's our little secret that makes our food higher in nutrients and freeze-dried fresh all year long. It's a rigorous 41 step process that one we own, and that it takes that wild, naturally ripened food and gently locks in the nutrients and flavor without the use of preservatives. Can the grocery store do that?
Want to get a percentage back on your own Thrive Life orders and recommend the products to others? Join us and become a consultant. Click here for details. When you sign up, watch for our names - Lisa and Rich Jelinek to know you're on our site. We'll be sending you an email welcome and check your junk folder if you don't see it.
Lisa and Rich Jelinek
Stay updated on sales and recipes. Sign up for our newsletter.