Stir fry recipes are awesome because you can toss in as little or as many veggies as you want. We kept this stir fry fast and simple since I was really wanting asparagus.
Asparagus is one of those foods that are a pain to buy in the store. You need to clean and cut the asparagus and depending on the season, you might get woody asparagus. Nothing ruins a meal faster than that!
In steps Thrive Life asparagus! It's washed, chopped, and ready to go! It also comes in smaller spears which is something I personally love. With Thrive Life asparagus there's no more throwing away wilted or moldy spears. You've been there, right? I know I have and it's never a happy time. Thrive's asparagus is freeze dried fresh and lasts up to a year once the can is open.
I chose Thrive's seasoned chicken slices for this recipe. They are all white meat with a little salt added. This chicken is cooked, sliced and ready for you and there's no need to defrost frozen chicken. Just add to some water or toss in a recipe like I did to refresh (rehydrate).
Chicken & Asparagus Stir Fry
- 1 c. Thrive seasoned chicken slices
- 3/4 c. Thrive instant brown rice
- 3/4 c. Thrive asparagus
- 3/4 c. Thrive red peppers
- 1/8 c. Thrive onion slices (heaping cup)
- 1/8 c. Thrive green onions
- 2 3/4 . water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or no soy sauce less sodium (I use this brand)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon organic, raw honey
- Add all dry ingredients (except green onions) and water, cover and cook on medium high heat for 10 minutes. Stir and keep any eye on the water level. If you need more water, add it.
- Pour in sauce and cook uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Add green onions, stir, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
The best way to purchase Thrive foods is through their monthly delivery so you save 15%. You can change, skip or cancel your delivery at any time without penalty. You also get to shop the monthly delivery specials which will even save you more! I stock up on the foods I need when they are on special.
Lisa and Rich Jelinek