The name says it all!
One pot = easy
Cheesy = delicious
Chili Mac = perfect for cold evenings
This meal will be ready for the table in about 20 minutes. Almost all of the ingredients are from Thrive Life. We use Thrive in our recipes because even though I LOVE to eat tasty food, I don't want the prep work of chopping up everything, thawing meat if we're using it and the clean up. The meat is already cooked so we just need to "refresh" or rehydrate it. Most of the time you can just toss it into the pan and refresh it as you're cooking. That's what we did with this meal.
As you can see from the picture above, everything goes into the pot and cooks! BAM! It's that easy. The hardest part of this is the waiting for it to be done.
Really, I know this, because as I could smell it cooking I waited for it to be done.
It was a perfect day to make this because a friend of ours dropped off a Fall goodie basket. It had this adorable napkin and a matching potholder. I already had the placemat so this was perfect!
One Pot Cheesy Chili Mac
- 3/4 c. Thrive ground beef
- 1/2 c. black beans (no salt added, can use Thrive instant black beans also)
- 1/2 c. kidney beans (low sodium)
- 1/4 c. Thrive chopped onions
- 2/3 c. Thrive green peppers
- 2 teaspoons Thrive green chili peppers
- 1/2 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 c. chicken broth (low or no sodium)
- 1/4 c. Thrive tomato powder
- 3/4 c. - 1 c. elbow noodles
- 1/2 c. Thrive cheddar cheese
- 1/8 c. Thrive green onions
- 1 1/2 c. water
- Toss everything into the pan, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until elbow noddles are done. Always watch the water level and if you need to add more, do it. If you've added too much, remove the cover while simmering.
This recipe would also taste good without the elbow noodles or an addition of Thrive corn. If you prefer gluten free noodles, make the substitute. If you would like it a little "hotter," add more green chili peppers. I'm pretty wimpy on the heat factor so I just add the minimum for a small kick.
If you haven't cooked with freeze dried foods, you'll be amazed at the simplicity of it! I was tired of never having the "right" ingredients or having to run out for the missing ingredient. We don't like waste and Thrive Life foods cuts that down because you are just scooping what you need out of the can. Unopened cans have a 25 year shelf life. Opened cans have a 1 1/2 year shelf life depending on the product.
When you shop for Thrive Life foods, be sure to select "Delivery." Delivery will save you 15% off your order and you can change it monthly, shop the Delivery only specials, skip a month or even cancel your Delivery.
Lisa and Rich Jelinek