When you're feeling like Mexican food and it's late, don't hop in the car and go through a drive-thru. Instead, toss this together in 15-20 minutes and your body will thank you for it!
We used frozen riced cauliflower and since it was hard as a rock when we took it out of the freezer, I had to put it in the pan for about 5 minutes to break it up before I added the rest of the ingredients. If you're cauliflower rice is already thawed or if you have fresh cauliflower rice, this meal will come together in 15 minutes.
The pictures aren't the greatest since it was too shadowy in the house but I guarantee if you make this once, you'll be making it again!
The reason it comes together quickly is because we are using Thrive Life freeze dried foods for the majority of this meal. I love cooking with them because the meat is already cooked and pretty much as you need to do is make sure everything is "refreshed" or rehydrated. That's where your liquids come in. You can even refresh your foods without tossing them in the pan first but that's just an extra step. I prefer to cook them altogether.
When I do have extra time and it's not late, I use Thrive instant black beans. Since this recipe only calls for a 1/2 cup of black beans, Thrive means you'll have no extra or waste. You just scoop out what you need. Thrive instant black beans do need to boil for 20 minutes and that is still doable in this one skillet meal. I opted for canned black beans (no salt added) and now I have a 1/2 can left to use for another recipe this week. Of course you can just add in the whole can too.
Mexican Chicken And Cauliflower Rice One Skillet Meal
- 10 ounce bag of frozen riced cauliflower
- 3/4 c. Thrive seasoned chicken slices
- 1/2 c. Thrive red peppers
- 1/4 c. Thrive corn
- 1/8 c. Thrive chopped onions (you can use Thrive onion slices instead)
- 2 teaspoons Thrive green chili peppers
- 1 2.25 ounce can black olives, sliced
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes (no salt added)
- 1/2 c. canned black beans (you can use Thrive instant black beans)
- 1/3 c. Thrive shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 c. water
- Add olive oil and frozen riced cauliflower to skillet. Cook for about 5 minutes if it is a solid chunk. If it's not, then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Everything in the pan.
- Cover, simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
Lisa and Rich Jelinek