I love pumpkin recipes! This recipe is made in one pan since you add the pasta right in and let it all cook together. You can use whatever veggies and I found this was a nice mix.
We used mostly Thrive Life ingredients because of convenience. I just don't have a little of this and a little of that on hand and we always work toward having the least waste as possible. Thrive foods are freeze dried and the meats are already cooked. All you need to do is refresh or rehydrate them. This can be done by placing everything in water and letting it or tossing it all into the pan and cooking together. That is what we did for this recipe.
Angel hair pasta cooks super fast and that's why we use it almost all the time. You can add it to your meal and not have to cook it separately. Be sure to break this in 4 and also remember to stir while cooking. When you don't cook it separately, it can clump so stir to avoid that.
Doesn't that look pretty? Pretty darn easy is what it is! Scoop, scoop, scoop and everything in the pan. Once you start using Thrive ingredients, you won't want to cook with anything else.
Before you add everything into the plan, add your milk, walnuts, and Thrive shredded parmesan cheese, pumpkin, and cream cheese to your blend and let soak. Depending on the strength of your blender this can be anywhere from 10 minutes to 25 minutes. Walnuts are pretty easy to blend since they are a soft nut. Be sure to use canned pumpkin puree and not the canned pumpkin used for pumpkin pies.
Once blended, add it to the plan and stir thoroughly. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Watch the liquid level here because that is what's important to make sure your Thrive ingredients refresh. If you have to add water, do it.
Once it's been cooking for 10 minutes, you'll add the kale and tomatoes. Those are added last since they cook quickly. I did have to add 1/2 cup of additional water. Stir, cover and cooking on medium low for another 10 minutes or until everything is cooked. Keep stirring and checking your water level.
Creamy Chicken, Veggie & Pumpkin Pasta
For your sauce:
- 2 c. milk of your choice
- 1/2 c. walnuts
- 1/4 c. Thrive Parmesan cheese
- 1 c. canned pumpkin puree
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Thrive basil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Thrive parsley
In the pan:
- 3/4 c. Thrive chopped chicken
- 1/4 c. Thrive mushrooms
- 1/4. Thrive peas
- 1/4 c. Thrive carrots
- 1/3 c. Thrive butternut squash
- 1/4 c. Thrive corn
- 1/3 c. Thrive kale
- 1/3 c. Thrive diced tomatoes
- Add milk, walnuts, parmesan cheese, pumpkin, cream cheese and spices to blender. Let sit for 10-25 minutes to soak depending on the strength of your blender. Blend til smooth.
- While those ingredients are soaking, add everything (except kale and diced tomatoes) to your pan. Break your angel hair pasta in 4.
- Add blended mixture to pan, stir thoroughly. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Check water levels and add water if needed.
- Stir in kale and tomatoes. Add water, if needed. I added a 1/2 cup at this time. Cover, turn to medium low and cooking approximately 10 minutes until food is soft.
Top with additional Thrive parsley and serve! This is a hearty meal and the recipes makes 3-4 servings.
Lisa and Rich Jelinek