This was a quick and easy beef stir fry! This is just another reason we use Thrive freeze dried foods. You can make a meal quickly because the meat is already cooked and just needs to be refreshed or rehydrated.
First I put all the dry Thrive ingredients with a tablespoon of olive oil in the pan and sauteed for a few minutes. During this time I put 1/4 cup of Thrive honey crystals and mixed with 1 tablespoon water and 1/4 teaspoon of water in the microwave for 30 seconds.
After this, I added 2 cups of water, covered and simmered for 10 minutes. Stir this and keep an eye on the water level. During this time I made the rest of the "sauce" and combined those ingredients.
After the 10 minutes, I added the sauce and cauliflower rice, covered and let simmer another 10 minutes. Check the tenderness of your beef and if you need another 5 minutes or even more water, add it.
One Pan Beef Stir Fry With Cauliflower Rice
- 1/2 c. Thrive beef slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 c. Thrive broccoli
- 1/4 c. Thrive green beans
- 1/4 c. Thrive onion slices
- 1/4 c. Thrive red peppers
- 1/4 c. Thrive mushrooms
- 1/4 c. Thrive carrots
- 1/4 c. Thrive honey crystals
- 1/8 c. soy sauce or no soy sauce
- 1/ teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Saute all dry ingredients in pan for a few minutes.
- Place 1/4 cup honey crystals and 1 tablespoon and 1/4 teaspoon water in a microwave safe cup. Microwave for 30 seconds. Do this while sauteing the dry ingredients.
- Add 2 cups of water, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir this and keep an eye on the water level. If you need extra water, add it.
- While that is cooking, make the sauce. Combine honey, no soy sauce (if you prefer soy sauce, use that), ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Add the sauce and cauliflower rice to the pan, stir, cover and summer for 10-15 minutes until beef is tender. Mine was fine in 10 minutes.
If you prefer brown or white rice, you can easily substitute instant rice for the cauliflower rice.
We used the 10 oz cauliflower rice bag that was frozen. We've made our own cauliflower rice and use about 1 1/2 cups in this recipe.
Lisa and Rich Jelinek