It's the season! Everything pumpkin and football! Feed your favorite football fanatics this tasty Festive French Onion Dip!
Festive French Onion Dip
- 2 tbsp. Oil
- 3 c. Thrive Onion Slices - Freeze Dried Plus 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 c. Water
- 1/2 tsp. Thrive Beef Bouillon
- 1 clv. Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. Thyme, fresh, chopped
- 1 1/4 c. Sour Cream
- 1/2 c. Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 c. Gruyere, grated
- 1 pinch Iodized Salt
- 1 pinch Thrive Peppercorn
- 1 pinch Cayenne
- 1/4 tsp. Thrive Chefs Choice
- Heat the oil in the pan at medium to medium-low heat. Add reconstituted onions to pan to caramelize. Continue to stir on occasion. This process will take about 30 minutes or more.
- About 20 minutes into caramelizing the onions, add in the beef broth made from the boullion and water. Continue cooking the onions. Add in garlic and cook for a few minutes.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Serving tip: Remove top of pumpkin with a sharp knife, and remove insides with a spoon. Once hallow, place a small bowl inside the pumpkin, and scoop french onion dip into bowl. Serve with crackers or chips.
This makes 4 servings. To change the number of servings, click here.
Lisa and Rich Jelinek