I had 4 ounces of cream cheese leftover from when I made the Pulled Pork and Cream Cheese Soft Tacos and tossed this together.
I love using Thrive freeze dried kale because of the convenience. When I buy kale from the store, it's hard to use it within a week and this way I just scoop what I need and there is no waste. Kale has many health benefits and using freeze dried kale is the perfect way to sneak kale into anyone's diet (kids or your spouse) and they will never know.
Scoop 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/8 cup parmesan cheese and add 2 tablespoons water and let sit until it's time to add it. Start cooking your pasta (we used rotini noodles but any noodles will work), add in a separate pan add 1 tablespoon olive oil, chicken, zucchini, mushrooms, and garlic. Cook for about 2 minutes and stir so it cooks evenly. If your cream cheese is not softened, pop it in the microwave for a few seconds.
Add 1 cup of water and kale, simmer covered for 5 minutes.
Add in your cheese mixture, cream cheese, seasonings, and pasta and cook on low, covered for another 5 minutes until cheese is melted. If you need to add more water, do it. I added 1/8 cup extra and it was fine. Top with parsley.
Creamy Chicken, Kale & Zucchini Pasta
- 1 c. rotini noodles
- 1/2 c. Thrive seasoned chicken slices
- 1/2 c. Thrive zucchini
- 1/2 c. Thrive mushrooms
- 1/2 c. Thrive kale
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 c. Thrive mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 c. Thrive parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon Thrive basil
- 1/4 teaspoon Thrive Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (add more if you like it hotter)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Thrive parsley (optional topping)
- 1 c. water
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Combine mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese with 2 tablespoons water and let refresh (rehydrate).
- Soften cream cheese in microwave if not already soft.
- In separate pan combine olive oil, chicken, zucchini, mushrooms and garlic. Cook for about 2 minutes and stir to cook evenly.
- Add 1 cup water and kale. Simmer for 5 minutes covered.
- Mix in all cheeses and pasta. Cook for 5 minutes on low covered. Add more water if needed.
- Top with parsley.
Lisa and Rich Jelinek