We're in Arizona and most of the year we don't turn on our stove. Therefore, we've adapted pretty much all meals to either cooking on the stove top or grilling.
If you're looking for cheesy, oooey-gooey goodness, look no further! You don't need to heat up the oven and cook this tuna casserole in the stove since it's done mostly in one pan. If you really want to make this a complete one pan meal, you could boil your noodles in the pan and then transfer them back into this pan when ready.
This recipe serves 2 but I always like to point out that if you want larger helpings or to stretch this meal further, just add more noodles or another can of tuna. We used a 5 ounce can of Wild Planet Albacore no salt added tuna and that was fine but if you want a heartier meal, toss in another can.
We're using Thrive foods for all of this recipe except the tuna and farfalle pasta. If you're using Thrive shredded cheddar cheese and Thrive shredded mozzarella cheese and want this meal to cook quicker, be sure to refresh them first. I partially refreshed these while in the pan using 4 tablespoons water to a 1/2 cup of each cheese. This took about 15 minutes to melt doing it this way.
Refreshing Thrive's freeze dried foods means to add water. You can choose to refresh many foods by tossing them into whatever you're cooking too. When you're refreshing cheese, more water is not the key. It doesn't take a lot of water. I like to refresh my cheese overnight but when I'm in a hurry, it's ready in approximately 30 minutes. If I'm mixing it into a meal, I'm not as concerned since it will melt pretty quick. I have a video on refreshing Thrive cheese here.
We made this again last night because you can't beat cheesy yummy food. This time I did refresh my cheese prior and only took 5 minutes to melt. Before it was completely melted, I started tossing in the rest of the ingredients (except the noodles).
Thrive bechamel sauce is a powder that makes perfect creamy white sauces. Use this creamy white sauce to make delicious fettuccine Alfredo, cheese sauce, or potato soup. It's a staple you want to keep in your pantry!
Stovetop Tuna Casserole
- 8oz farfalle pasta
- 1/2 c. Thrive shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c. Thrive shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 c. Thrive bechamel sauce mixed into 1/2 c. water
- 1/8 c. Thrive instant milk
- 1/8 c. Thrive sour cream powder
- 1 5oz. can Wild Planet Albacore no salt added tuna
- 1/3 c. Thrive peas
- 1/3 c. Thrive celery
- 1/8 c. Thrive chopped onions
- 1 c. water
- Thrive chives
- Thrive parsley
- Boil farfalle pasta according to directions on package.
- While pasta is boiling, in a separate pan, start melting cheese. Stir while melting with a whisk.
- When cheese is at least 1/2 way melted, add in the bechamel sauce that you already combined with 1/2 c. water and add to cheese mixture.
- Add 1 c. additional water and remaining ingredients except for the pasta.
- Cover pan and cook on low-medium heat for about 12 minutes. Stir occasionally and watch the amount of water. If it looks like you need a little more, add it.
- Add in pasta, stir, cover and let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Top with chives and parsley.
What's the BEST way to shop for Thrive products?
We're excited that you are interested in learning more about Thrive Foods and how you can use them in your everyday cooking to save time and money in the kitchen and also have food on hand for emergencies. Here are 3 ways you can buy Thrive and know you are getting the best deals:
- Shop our Consultant Website: This way you will save huge off retail pricing by shopping with us as your consultants. By joining our list you'll receive a temporary password but you can shop ANY TIME and get wholesale prices by visiting https://
- Join the Thrive Delivery Service: Get the BEST prices on Thrive, sent to your doorstep, at a budget you can afford every single month. Choose from hundreds of ingredients or meals, schedule your delivery, cancel or skip anytime. We'll remind you of what's coming before each order so you can change it if you'd like. You'll also receive monthly coupons for specials only available to our Delivery Service customers. PLUS you receive FREE SHIPPING on Deliveries $100 or more! Be sure to activate your order. If you would like it to process today, after you select a date, go back into your Delivery and click on Ship Now. Not ready to set up a Delivery? No problem! You can still place individual orders. When you shop through our Thrive Life website, you'll receive our wholesale pricing.
- Become a Consultant: Earn commission and free food benefits off your OWN purchases and when you tell your family and friends about Thrive. There are no mandatory sales quotas. You select one of our Consultant kits to get started. Learn more about being a Thrive Life Consultant here.
- Sign up for our newsletter: Stay updated on sales, recipes and kitchen tips. Sign up here.
Lisa and Rich Jelinek