The biggest inconvenience in making chicken salad is washing, cutting, cooking and then the clean up of the chicken. Ok, that's actually 4 biggest inconveniences!
This is why we love, love, love using Thrive freeze dried chicken. It takes all that time and prep away! As you'll see in the video, this meal is quick and easy and that's what cooking should be all about.
We shouldn't have to spend hours in the kitchen doing all the tedious things. Thrive cuts our time in the kitchen and gives us time to spend doing things we want and still enjoying good food.
The amount I made in the video is perfect for 1 person that wants a quick lunch. You can choose what type of mayo you'd like to put in it. If you're really slammed for time, we also have a convenient chicken salad to go option. The To Go version has all the yumminess of the chicken salad I made in a convenient package that even comes with mayo. It's great for times when you're on the road, stuck at work, or even out hiking!
Below I've broken the ingredients down to 2 servings, 1 serving and 4 servings. If you're spreading this on bread or even mixing in noodles, this amount goes even further. You'll see the main amount listed as our 2 servings amount.
Easy Chicken Salad
- 3/4 c. Thrive chopped chicken | 1/4 c. (1 serving) 1 1/2 c. (4 servings)
- 1/2 teaspoon Thrive Chef's Choice Seasoning | 1/4 teaspoon (1 serving) 1 teaspoon (4 servings)
- 1/4 c. Thrive celery | 1 tablespoon (1 serving) 1/2 c. (4 servings)
- 3 tablespoon Thrive chopped onions | 1 tablespoon (1 serving) 1/8 c. (4 servings)
- 1/2 c. water | 1/4 cup (1 serving) 3/4 c. - 1 c. (4 servings)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise of your choice | 1 tablespoon (1 serving) 1/8 c. (4 servings)
- Combine water, chopped chicken, Chef's choice, celery and onions. Let sit for 7-15 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Add mayonnaise, mix and serve.
- Use warm to hot water and this will refresh quicker.
- If the celery pieces are on the larger side, we recommend crushing them into smaller pieces.
- If you want to keep this as a low-sodium chicken salad, we suggest using the Salad Seasoning Blend instead.
- The seasoned chicken slices or grilled seasoned chicken can also be used in this recipe. I discuss them here.
What's the BEST way to shop for Thrive products?
We're excited that you are interested in learning more about Thrive Foods and how you can use them in your everyday cooking to save time and money in the kitchen and also have food on hand for emergencies. Here are 3 ways you can buy Thrive and know you are getting the best deals:
- Shop our Consultant Website: This way you will save huge off retail pricing by shopping with us as your consultants. By joining our list you'll receive a temporary password but you can shop ANY TIME and get wholesale prices by visiting https://
- Join the Thrive Delivery Service: Get the BEST prices on Thrive, sent to your doorstep, at a budget you can afford every single month. Choose from hundreds of ingredients or meals, schedule your delivery, cancel or skip anytime. We'll remind you of what's coming before each order so you can change it if you'd like. You'll also receive monthly coupons for specials only available to our Delivery Service customers. PLUS you receive FREE SHIPPING on Deliveries $100 or more! Be sure to activate your order. If you would like it to process today, after you select a date, go back into your Delivery and click on Ship Now. Not ready to set up a Delivery? No problem! You can still place individual orders. When you shop through our Thrive Life website, you'll receive our wholesale pricing.
- Become a Consultant: Earn commission and free food benefits off your OWN purchases and when you tell your family and friends about Thrive. There are no mandatory sales quotas. You select one of our Consultant kits to get started. Learn more about being a Thrive Life Consultant here.
- Sign up for our newsletter: Stay updated on sales, recipes and kitchen tips. Sign up here.
Lisa and Rich Jelinek