The biggest inconvenience in making chicken salad is washing, cutting, cooking and then the clean up of the chicken. Ok, that's actually 4 biggest inconveniences!
This is why we love, love, love using Thrive freeze dried chicken. It takes all that time and prep away! As you'll see in the video, this meal is quick and easy and that's what cooking should be all about.
We shouldn't have to spend hours in the kitchen doing all the tedious things. Thrive cuts our time in the kitchen and gives us time to spend doing things we want and still enjoying good food.
The amount I made in the video is perfect for 1 person that wants a quick lunch. You can choose what type of mayo you'd like to put in it. If you're really slammed for time, we also have a convenient chicken salad to go option. The To Go version has all the yumminess of the chicken salad I made in a convenient package that even comes with mayo. It's great for times when you're on the road, stuck at work, or even out hiking!
Below I've broken the ingredients down to 2 servings, 1 serving and 4 servings. If you're spreading this on bread or even mixing in noodles, this amount goes even further. You'll see the main amount listed as our 2 servings amount.
Easy Chicken Salad
- 3/4 c. Thrive chopped chicken | 1/4 c. (1 serving) 1 1/2 c. (4 servings)
- 1/2 teaspoon Thrive Chef's Choice Seasoning | 1/4 teaspoon (1 serving) 1 teaspoon (4 servings)
- 1/4 c. Thrive celery | 1 tablespoon (1 serving) 1/2 c. (4 servings)
- 3 tablespoon Thrive chopped onions | 1 tablespoon (1 serving) 1/8 c. (4 servings)
- 1/2 c. water | 1/4 cup (1 serving) 3/4 c. - 1 c. (4 servings)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise of your choice | 1 tablespoon (1 serving) 1/8 c. (4 servings)
- Combine water, chopped chicken, Chef's choice, celery and onions. Let sit for 7-15 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Add mayonnaise, mix and serve.
- Use warm to hot water and this will refresh quicker.
- If the celery pieces are on the larger side, we recommend crushing them into smaller pieces.
- If you want to keep this as a low-sodium chicken salad, we suggest using the Salad Seasoning Blend instead.
- The seasoned chicken slices or grilled seasoned chicken can also be used in this recipe. I discuss them here.
Why use Thrive Life foods?
Thrive food is different than any other kind you’ll find on the market.
- These foods won’t spoil in a few days…or even a few weeks. They’re good.
- You won’t be thawing, degreasing, or cutting raw meat.
- You won’t be chopping veggies or washing and peeling fruit.
- There’s an extra burst of flavor you won’t find anywhere else! Just take a bite!
- Just toss in any meal or refresh (rehydrate) in warm water.
- Free of GMOs, preservatives, artificial nonsense and chemical junk
- The Nutrilock Promise! It's our little secret that makes our food higher in nutrients and freeze-dried fresh all year long. It's a rigorous 41 step process that one we own, and that it takes that wild, naturally ripened food and gently locks in the nutrients and flavor without the use of preservatives. Can the grocery store do that?
Want to get a percentage back on your own Thrive Life orders and recommend the products to others? Join us and become a consultant. Click here for details. When you sign up, watch for our names - Lisa and Rich Jelinek to know you're on our site. We'll be sending you an email welcome and check your junk folder if you don't see it.
Lisa and Rich Jelinek