Thrive's ground beef (hamburger) is on sale this month so it's a great time to stock up! We love the hamburger because it's so convenient. We just grab what we need out of the can and there's no messy grease to clean up because the hamburger is already cooked. As a bonus, there isn't any waste.
As my husband put it, this tasted like a really fancy version of the old-time Hamburger Helper meal but without all the preservatives and questionable ingredients. Since we added red pepper flakes, it did give it a bit of a kick. Both of us agreed that we've never seen or tasted a Hamburger Helper meal like this but if we had to compare it to something, that would be it.
I'm also a big fan of Thrive red bell peppers. We eat a salad every night with dinner and have either a red, yellow or orange pepper on it. Recently we were reminded of just how wasteful buying fresh vegetables and fruit can be. It's ashame that the food looks so good from the outside and you cut into it and it's already rotten. With Thrive, we don't have to be concerned with that. While we still have a salad every night, the majority of our fruits and vegetables are now Thrive because it's frustrating when you buy produce and it's rotten.
I used farfalle pasta with this recipe just because they are a fun little bow tie looking pasta. Personally I feel they always take longer to cook than the package directions. Maybe it's because waiting for them to cook and they seem to take the longest when I have a meal that is ready to go! I think this recipe would taste delicious with some zucchini noodles too.
Creamy Hamburger and Pasta Recipe
- 1 c. farfalle pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 c. Thrive ground beef (hamburger)
- 1/8 c. Thrive chopped onions
- 1/2 c. Thrive red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Thrive Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon Thrive tomato powder
- 3/4 c. Thrive tomato dices
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Thrive instant milk
- 1/4 c. Thrive sour cream powder
- 1/4 c. Thrive bechamel sauce
- 1 tablespoon Thrive parsley
- Cook farfalle according to directions on package.
- While cooking farfalle, in a separate pan, combine hamburger, onion, garlic, red peppers, and olive oil. Saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add 1 cup water, red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning, and tomato powder and let boil until water is slightly reduced and then add in tomato dices. Reduce heat to simmer.
- Combine milk, sour cream powder and bechamel with 3/4 cup water, stir and then add to mixture. Stir again and keep on a simmer.
- Add pasta and parsley and cook until water is reduced.
Note: If you do need extra water at any point, add it in. The first time I made this, I used 1/4 cup more for a total of 2 cups water. It really depends on how fast you are cooking it. Try to keep the heat just under a boil once you add in the powder mixture.
What's the BEST way to shop for Thrive products?
We're excited that you are interested in learning more about Thrive Foods and how you can use them in your everyday cooking to save time and money in the kitchen and also have food on hand for emergencies. Here are 3 ways you can buy Thrive and know you are getting the best deals:
- Shop our Consultant Website: This way you will save huge off retail pricing by shopping with us as your consultants. By joining our list you'll receive a temporary password but you can shop ANY TIME and get wholesale prices by visiting https://
- Join the Thrive Delivery Service: Get the BEST prices on Thrive, sent to your doorstep, at a budget you can afford every single month. Choose from hundreds of ingredients or meals, schedule your delivery, cancel or skip anytime. We'll remind you of what's coming before each order so you can change it if you'd like. You'll also receive monthly coupons for specials only available to our Delivery Service customers. PLUS you receive FREE SHIPPING on Deliveries $100 or more! Be sure to activate your order. If you would like it to process today, after you select a date, go back into your Delivery and click on Ship Now. Not ready to set up a Delivery? No problem! You can still place individual orders. When you shop through our Thrive Life website, you'll receive our wholesale pricing.
- Become a Consultant: Earn commission and free food benefits off your OWN purchases and when you tell your family and friends about Thrive. There are no mandatory sales quotas. You select one of our Consultant kits to get started. Learn more about being a Thrive Life Consultant here.
- Sign up for our newsletter: Stay updated on sales, recipes and kitchen tips. Sign up here.
Lisa and Rich Jelinek