This flavorful Beef Veggie Skillet meal in a jar can be eaten by itself or over rice. No matter which way you decide to eat it, you are going to love it! If you don't meal prep ahead of time with meals in a jar, this also is a quick toss together recipe.
I would like to make a correction to the video because I say that a pint will make 2-3 servings and a quart will make 4-5 servings. If you serve this over rice, the pint jar will make 2 servings and the quart will make 4 servings. If you eat it by itself, I'm going to estimate 1 serving for the pint and 3 for the quart.
Also, if you notice a little extra room when you are filling your jars, just top them off with some extra asparagus or zucchini since it depends on how the foods are settling as you add them to the jar.
Beef Veggie Skillet Meal In A Jar Recipe
Ingredients for Quart jar:
- 1 tsp. garlic powder (any brand)
- 1 tsp. salt (any brand) optional
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes (any brand)
- 1/8 tsp. dry ground mustard (any brand)
- 1 tsp. Thrive Italian seasoning(FD)
- 1/4 c. Thrive Tomato Sauce or Tomato Powder (**See note if using Tomato Powder)
- 1/4 c. Thrive Chopped Onions (FD)
- 1/2 c. Thrive Red Bell Peppers (FD)
- 1/2 c. Thrive Zucchini (FD)
- 1/2 c. Thrive Asparagus (FD)
- 1 c. Thrive Ground Beef (FD)
- Optional: 2 T. Thrive Parmesan Cheese (FD)
Ingredients for Pint jar:
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder (any brand)
- 1/2 tsp. salt (any brand) optional
- 1/16 tsp. cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes (any brand)
- 1/16 tsp. dry ground mustard (any brand)
- 1/2 tsp. Thrive Italian seasoning(FD)
- 1/8 c. Thrive Tomato Sauce or Tomato Powder (**See note if using Tomato Powder)
- 1/8 c. Thrive Chopped Onions (FD)
- 1/4 c. Thrive Red Bell Peppers (FD)
- 1/4 c. Thrive Zucchini (FD)
- 1/4 c. Thrive Asparagus (FD)
- 1/2 c. Thrive Ground Beef (FD)
- Optional: 1 T. Thrive Parmesan Cheese (FD)
Directions for Quart:
In a large skillet heat up 2 T olive oil. Pour contents of the jar into the pan and stir. Gradually add 2 cups of water** and stir. Cook for about 7-8 minutes until sauce is thickened. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over top if desired. Make sure to refresh it prior to use.
Directions for Pint:
In a large skillet heat up 1 T olive oil. Pour contents of the jar into the pan and stir. Gradually add 1 cup of water** and stir. Cook for about 7-8 minutes until sauce is thickened. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over top if desired. Make sure to refresh it prior to use.
Serve over rice for a bulkier meal or enjoy plain.
NOTE: If you are using Thrive tomato powder instead of Thrive tomato sauce, you will need to increase the amount of water used for cooking. The tomato powder is thicker and requires more water to thin it. The tomato powder is a very versatile food and can be used to make tomato paste, tomato sauce, pizza sauce and more just by adding different amounts of water and seasonings. With the pint jar, I increased the water by double when cooking. It will depend on how high you are cooking the food but add it in gradually if needed.
Makes 10-12 quart jars (14-16 pint jars)
Add these items to your monthly delivery from Thrive Life and you should be able to make 10-11 jars worth of meals. Sometimes the product settles and you won’t get a full 11 cups out of a #10 can or certain ingredients have a few less servings. I’d rather have you plan to have some extras than be sad about not having enough!
Thrive Oregano (1 spice jar)
Thrive Tomato Sauce (2 pantry cans)
Thrive Chopped Onions (1 pantry can)
Thrive Red Bell Peppers (2 pantry cans*)
Thrive Zucchini (2 pantry cans*)
Thrive Asparagus (2 pantry cans*)
Thrive Ground Beef (1 family can)
Optional: Thrive Parmesan Cheese (1 pantry can)
*Feel free to grab a #10 can instead as it’s more cost effective, then you will have some leftovers to try in other recipes!
- I love this measuring cup and spoon set! It has a 3/4 cup, a 2 cup and a lot of great sizes that come in handy when you're cooking.
- Funnels make Meals In a Jar recipes easy! I know, I've tried it without. Need a funnel? Here is the one in the video.
What's the BEST way to shop for Thrive products?
We're excited that you are interested in learning more about Thrive Foods and how you can use them in your everyday cooking to save time and money in the kitchen and also have food on hand for emergencies. Here are 3 ways you can buy Thrive and know you are getting the best deals:
- Shop our Consultant Website: This way you will save huge off retail pricing by shopping with us as your consultants. By joining our list you'll receive a temporary password but you can shop ANY TIME and get wholesale prices by visiting https://
- Join the Thrive Delivery Service: Get the BEST prices on Thrive, sent to your doorstep, at a budget you can afford every single month. Choose from hundreds of ingredients or meals, schedule your delivery, cancel or skip anytime. We'll remind you of what's coming before each order so you can change it if you'd like. You'll also receive monthly coupons for specials only available to our Delivery Service customers. PLUS you receive FREE SHIPPING on Deliveries $100 or more! Be sure to activate your order. If you would like it to process today, after you select a date, go back into your Delivery and click on Ship Now. Not ready to set up a Delivery? No problem! You can still place individual orders. When you shop through our Thrive Life website, you'll receive our wholesale pricing.
- Become a Consultant: Earn commission and free food benefits off your OWN purchases and when you tell your family and friends about Thrive. There are no mandatory sales quotas. You select one of our Consultant kits to get started. Learn more about being a Thrive Life Consultant here.
- Sign up for our newsletter: Stay updated on sales, recipes and kitchen tips. Sign up here.
Lisa and Rich Jelinek