This flavorful Beef Veggie Skillet meal in a jar can be eaten by itself or over rice. No matter which way you decide to eat it, you are going to love it! If you don't meal prep ahead of time with meals in a jar, this also is a quick toss together recipe.
I would like to make a correction to the video because I say that a pint will make 2-3 servings and a quart will make 4-5 servings. If you serve this over rice, the pint jar will make 2 servings and the quart will make 4 servings. If you eat it by itself, I'm going to estimate 1 serving for the pint and 3 for the quart.
Also, if you notice a little extra room when you are filling your jars, just top them off with some extra asparagus or zucchini since it depends on how the foods are settling as you add them to the jar.
Beef Veggie Skillet Meal In A Jar Recipe
Ingredients for Quart jar:
- 1 tsp. garlic powder (any brand)
- 1 tsp. salt (any brand) optional
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes (any brand)
- 1/8 tsp. dry ground mustard (any brand)
- 1 tsp. Thrive Italian seasoning(FD)
- 1/4 c. Thrive Tomato Sauce or Tomato Powder (**See note if using Tomato Powder)
- 1/4 c. Thrive Chopped Onions (FD)
- 1/2 c. Thrive Red Bell Peppers (FD)
- 1/2 c. Thrive Zucchini (FD)
- 1/2 c. Thrive Asparagus (FD)
- 1 c. Thrive Ground Beef (FD)
- Optional: 2 T. Thrive Parmesan Cheese (FD)
Ingredients for Pint jar:
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder (any brand)
- 1/2 tsp. salt (any brand) optional
- 1/16 tsp. cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes (any brand)
- 1/16 tsp. dry ground mustard (any brand)
- 1/2 tsp. Thrive Italian seasoning(FD)
- 1/8 c. Thrive Tomato Sauce or Tomato Powder (**See note if using Tomato Powder)
- 1/8 c. Thrive Chopped Onions (FD)
- 1/4 c. Thrive Red Bell Peppers (FD)
- 1/4 c. Thrive Zucchini (FD)
- 1/4 c. Thrive Asparagus (FD)
- 1/2 c. Thrive Ground Beef (FD)
- Optional: 1 T. Thrive Parmesan Cheese (FD)
Directions for Quart:
In a large skillet heat up 2 T olive oil. Pour contents of the jar into the pan and stir. Gradually add 2 cups of water** and stir. Cook for about 7-8 minutes until sauce is thickened. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over top if desired. Make sure to refresh it prior to use.
Directions for Pint:
In a large skillet heat up 1 T olive oil. Pour contents of the jar into the pan and stir. Gradually add 1 cup of water** and stir. Cook for about 7-8 minutes until sauce is thickened. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over top if desired. Make sure to refresh it prior to use.
Serve over rice for a bulkier meal or enjoy plain.
NOTE: If you are using Thrive tomato powder instead of Thrive tomato sauce, you will need to increase the amount of water used for cooking. The tomato powder is thicker and requires more water to thin it. The tomato powder is a very versatile food and can be used to make tomato paste, tomato sauce, pizza sauce and more just by adding different amounts of water and seasonings. With the pint jar, I increased the water by double when cooking. It will depend on how high you are cooking the food but add it in gradually if needed.
Makes 10-12 quart jars (14-16 pint jars)
Add these items to your monthly delivery from Thrive Life and you should be able to make 10-11 jars worth of meals. Sometimes the product settles and you won’t get a full 11 cups out of a #10 can or certain ingredients have a few less servings. I’d rather have you plan to have some extras than be sad about not having enough!
Thrive Oregano (1 spice jar)
Thrive Tomato Sauce (2 pantry cans)
Thrive Chopped Onions (1 pantry can)
Thrive Red Bell Peppers (2 pantry cans*)
Thrive Zucchini (2 pantry cans*)
Thrive Asparagus (2 pantry cans*)
Thrive Ground Beef (1 family can)
Optional: Thrive Parmesan Cheese (1 pantry can)
*Feel free to grab a #10 can instead as it’s more cost effective, then you will have some leftovers to try in other recipes!
- I love this measuring cup and spoon set! It has a 3/4 cup, a 2 cup and a lot of great sizes that come in handy when you're cooking.
- Funnels make Meals In a Jar recipes easy! I know, I've tried it without. Need a funnel? Here is the one in the video.
Why use Thrive Life Freeze Dried Foods?
Thrive freeze dried foods are different than any other kind you’ll find on the market.
- These foods won’t spoil in a few days…or even a few weeks. They’re good.
- You won’t be thawing, degreasing, or cutting raw meat.
- You won’t be chopping veggies or washing and peeling fruit.
- There’s an extra burst of flavor you won’t find anywhere else! Just take a bite!
- Just toss in any meal or refresh (rehydrate) in warm water.
- Free of GMOs, preservatives, artificial nonsense and chemical junk
- The Nutrilock Promise! It's our little secret that makes our food higher in nutrients and freeze-dried fresh all year long. It's a rigorous 41 step process that one we own, and that it takes that wild, naturally ripened food and gently locks in the nutrients and flavor without the use of preservatives. Can the grocery store do that?
Want to get a percentage back on your own Thrive Life orders and recommend the products to others? Join us and become a consultant. Click here for details. When you sign up, watch for our names - Lisa and Rich Jelinek to know you're on our site. We'll be sending you an email welcome and check your junk folder if you don't see it.
Lisa and Rich Jelinek