I've used this recipe for salt free taco seasoning for years. I honestly don't even remember what the packaged taco seasoning tastes like because it's been that long.
BUT, what I do remember is that "salt" feeling. I'm all about reducing our sodium intake and there are easy little ways to do it, like this quick taco seasoning you can toss together.
When I make my own salt free taco seasoning, I also don't have any additives like corn flour, potato starch, sugar, vegetable oils or any of the other gunky stuff they like to add to packaged foods. This is a much cleaner way and you won't even miss the salt when it's mixed into your favorite Mexican recipe.
If you have an empty mason jar or glass seasoning jar that would work great. If you don't have any empty jars, Amazon has lots of cute ones available that come with labels.
Salt Free Taco Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Thrive Italian seasoning blend
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Add to jar and mix thoroughly.
I use Thrive Italian seasoning blend because I wanted basil, oregano and thyme in it. It does contain a few other seasonings but none are overwhelming in this mix.
Why use Thrive Life Freeze Dried Foods?
Thrive freeze dried foods are different than any other kind you’ll find on the market.
- These foods won’t spoil in a few days…or even a few weeks. They’re good.
- You won’t be thawing, degreasing, or cutting raw meat.
- You won’t be chopping veggies or washing and peeling fruit.
- There’s an extra burst of flavor you won’t find anywhere else! Just take a bite!
- Just toss in any meal or refresh (rehydrate) in warm water.
- Free of GMOs, preservatives, artificial nonsense and chemical junk
- The Nutrilock Promise! It's our little secret that makes our food higher in nutrients and freeze-dried fresh all year long. It's a rigorous 41 step process that one Thrive Life owns, and it takes that wild, naturally ripened food and gently locks in the nutrients and flavor without the use of preservatives. Can the grocery store do that?
Want to get a percentage back on your own Thrive Life orders and recommend the products to others? Join us and become a consultant. Click here for details. When you sign up, watch for our names - Lisa and Rich Jelinek to know you're on our site. We'll be sending you an email welcome and check your junk folder if you don't see it.
Lisa and Rich Jelinek