This was a cheesy delight! Just like most of our recipes, it comes together quick but this one you'll want to let sit in the fridge for about 30 minutes so all the flavors can meld together before cooking. We're night owls so I made this earlier in the day, put it in the fridge and cooked it around 10pm.
Here it is when you add the hot water to start refreshing.
Here it is when you mix in the cream cheese and Espagnole.
I also love when I have recipes that use Thrive freeze dried kale! I'm a fan of kale and all it's wonderful health benefits, and Thrive kale makes it even easier. No washing or chopping and no waste. If you're a smoothie person, get some Thrive kale and toss it in. You'll thank me for it later.
We used white corn soft tortillas, the small ones. They are easy to work with and the sodium content is greatly reduced in white corn soft tortillas as opposed to flour soft tortillas. For example, the sodium in the white corn tortillas was only 5mg but when I looked at small flour tortillas, the lowest I found was 250mg. That adds up quick!
We also really like the taste and texture of a corn tortilla when you heat it in the skillet.
Pulled Pork and Cream Cheese Soft Tacos
1 1/2 cups Thrive Pulled Pork
1/4 cup Thrive Chopped Onions
3/4 cup Thrive Kale
1/4 cup Thrive Shredded Parmesan Cheese
1/4 tsp. Thrive Peppercorn
1 tsp. Garlic, minced (I use the kind that is in the jar, already minced)
1 1/2 cups Hot water
4 ounces Cream Cheese *See Note
2 tablespoons Thrive Espagnole Sauce
- In a glass container with cover, combine all the ingredients except the Espagnole and cream cheese. Pour in hot water, stir, place cover on and refresh for 15 minutes.
- If your cream cheese is too hard to stir, place in a small pan and heat slightly or microwave on low for about 30 seconds.
- Add in the Espagnole and cream cheese and stir until combined. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons water, if needed.
- Let cool in fridge for about 30 minutes if you are prepping this at dinner time. Ours cooled in the fridge for a few hours.
- Place tortilla in a small skillet and warm until it just starts to crisp. Remove and place on a plate, add filling and fold over. Since we use the small tortillas this works perfect without rolling.
- Return to skillet and place seam side down and put a small amount of pressure on it until it starts to brown. Flip and let them bottom brown.
This recipe makes approximately 5-7 small corn tortillas.
*NOTE: Originally I put in 3/4 cup of cream cheese and that left me with a 1/4 of my cream cheese package left. This time I put in only 4 ounces (1/2 of the package) and it tasted just as good. If you want it creamier, use more but if you want an equal amount left for another recipe, it will be fine using 4 ounces.
We can't wait for you to try this! Drop a comment and let us know how you liked it!!
Why use Thrive Life Freeze Dried Foods?
Thrive freeze dried foods are different than any other kind you’ll find on the market.
- These foods won’t spoil in a few days…or even a few weeks. They’re good.
- You won’t be thawing, degreasing, or cutting raw meat.
- You won’t be chopping veggies or washing and peeling fruit.
- There’s an extra burst of flavor you won’t find anywhere else! Just take a bite!
- Just toss in any meal or refresh (rehydrate) in warm water.
- Free of GMOs, preservatives, artificial nonsense and chemical junk
- The Nutrilock Promise! It's our little secret that makes our food higher in nutrients and freeze-dried fresh all year long. It's a rigorous 41 step process that one we own, and that it takes that wild, naturally ripened food and gently locks in the nutrients and flavor without the use of preservatives. Can the grocery store do that?
Want to get a percentage back on your own Thrive Life orders and recommend the products to others? Join us and become a consultant. Click here for details. When you sign up, watch for our names - Lisa and Rich Jelinek to know you're on our site. We'll be sending you an email welcome and check your junk folder if you don't see it.
Lisa and Rich Jelinek