This was a cheesy delight! Just like most of our recipes, it comes together quick but this one you'll want to let sit in the fridge for about 30 minutes so all the flavors can meld together before cooking. We're night owls so I made this earlier in the day, put it in the fridge and cooked it around 10pm.
Here it is when you add the hot water to start refreshing.
Here it is when you mix in the cream cheese and Espagnole.
I also love when I have recipes that use Thrive freeze dried kale! I'm a fan of kale and all it's wonderful health benefits, and Thrive kale makes it even easier. No washing or chopping and no waste. If you're a smoothie person, get some Thrive kale and toss it in. You'll thank me for it later.
We used white corn soft tortillas, the small ones. They are easy to work with and the sodium content is greatly reduced in white corn soft tortillas as opposed to flour soft tortillas. For example, the sodium in the white corn tortillas was only 5mg but when I looked at small flour tortillas, the lowest I found was 250mg. That adds up quick!
We also really like the taste and texture of a corn tortilla when you heat it in the skillet.
Pulled Pork and Cream Cheese Soft Tacos
1 1/2 cups Thrive Pulled Pork
1/4 cup Thrive Chopped Onions
3/4 cup Thrive Kale
1/4 cup Thrive Shredded Parmesan Cheese
1/4 tsp. Thrive Peppercorn
1 tsp. Garlic, minced (I use the kind that is in the jar, already minced)
1 1/2 cups Hot water
4 ounces Cream Cheese *See Note
2 tablespoons Thrive Espagnole Sauce
- In a glass container with cover, combine all the ingredients except the Espagnole and cream cheese. Pour in hot water, stir, place cover on and refresh for 15 minutes.
- If your cream cheese is too hard to stir, place in a small pan and heat slightly or microwave on low for about 30 seconds.
- Add in the Espagnole and cream cheese and stir until combined. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons water, if needed.
- Let cool in fridge for about 30 minutes if you are prepping this at dinner time. Ours cooled in the fridge for a few hours.
- Place tortilla in a small skillet and warm until it just starts to crisp. Remove and place on a plate, add filling and fold over. Since we use the small tortillas this works perfect without rolling.
- Return to skillet and place seam side down and put a small amount of pressure on it until it starts to brown. Flip and let them bottom brown.
This recipe makes approximately 5-7 small corn tortillas.
*NOTE: Originally I put in 3/4 cup of cream cheese and that left me with a 1/4 of my cream cheese package left. This time I put in only 4 ounces (1/2 of the package) and it tasted just as good. If you want it creamier, use more but if you want an equal amount left for another recipe, it will be fine using 4 ounces.
We can't wait for you to try this! Drop a comment and let us know how you liked it!!
What's the BEST way to shop for Thrive products?
We're excited that you are interested in learning more about Thrive Foods and how you can use them in your everyday cooking to save time and money in the kitchen and also have food on hand for emergencies. Here are 3 ways you can buy Thrive and know you are getting the best deals:
- Shop our Consultant Website: This way you will save huge off retail pricing by shopping with us as your consultants. By joining our list you'll receive a temporary password but you can shop ANY TIME and get wholesale prices by visiting https://
- Join the Thrive Delivery Service: Get the BEST prices on Thrive, sent to your doorstep, at a budget you can afford every single month. Choose from hundreds of ingredients or meals, schedule your delivery, cancel or skip anytime. We'll remind you of what's coming before each order so you can change it if you'd like. You'll also receive monthly coupons for specials only available to our Delivery Service customers. PLUS you receive FREE SHIPPING on Deliveries $100 or more! Be sure to activate your order. If you would like it to process today, after you select a date, go back into your Delivery and click on Ship Now. Not ready to set up a Delivery? No problem! You can still place individual orders. When you shop through our Thrive Life website, you'll receive our wholesale pricing.
- Become a Consultant: Earn commission and free food benefits off your OWN purchases and when you tell your family and friends about Thrive. There are no mandatory sales quotas. You select one of our Consultant kits to get started. Learn more about being a Thrive Life Consultant here.
- Sign up for our newsletter: Stay updated on sales, recipes and kitchen tips. Sign up here.
Lisa and Rich Jelinek