The recipe for the chicken fajitas comes with our Southwest Chicken Chef Pack and is one we've made several times. You can serve this in corn or flour tortillas or on a bed of chopped lettuce. It's so tasty that you'll want to eat it right out of the pan!
I used Thrive chopped chicken and Thrive chopped onions in this video since they cook a little faster. That's the fab thing about Thrive foods, you can swap out ingredients and everything still tastes great! It's also why this picture doesn't look like traditional chicken fajitas. If you'd like a more traditional chicken fajita look, then go with the Thrive seasoned chicken and the Thrive onion slices.
If you're looking for a side dish, we suggest Thrive Instant Refried Beans. You can make these while your Chicken Fajitas are cooking and they only take 5 minutes!
Chicken Fajita Recipe
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 1 tbsp. Garlic, minced
- 3/4 c. Thrive Onion Slices - Freeze Dried (If you want smaller onions, use chopped onions)
- 3/4 c. Thrive Red Bell Peppers - Freeze Dried
- 2 c. Water
- 1 1/2 c. Thrive Seasoned Chicken Slices - Freeze Dried
- 3 tbsp. Thrive Green Chili Peppers - Freeze Dried
- 1/2 tsp. Cumin
- 1/2 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Thrive Chefs Choice
- 1 tbsp. Thrive Velouté (Rich Chicken Gravy)
- 1 tsp. Lime Juice (I use limeade)
- 8 Flour or Corn tortillas, 4 inch
- 1/3 c. Sour cream, optional topping
- 1/3 c. Guacamole, optional topping
- 1/2 c. Thrive Shredded Cheddar Cheese, optional topping
- 1/4 c. Thrive Cilantro, optional topping
- Saute garlic in butter. Add in Onion Slices, Red Bell Peppers, and Seasoned Chicken Slices and toast lightly.
- Add in remaining ingredients except for the Veloute and lime juice. Simmer until water is mostly reduced.
- Sprinkle in Veloute while stirring and then finish with the lime juice. Mix should be slightly saucy.
- Allow to cook for an additional minute and serve with tortillas and additional toppings if desired.
We use Thrive summer limeade for everything lime. It's the perfect substitute because we don't have fresh limes on hand. This item is seasonal so be sure to pick it up when you can. They also have classic lemonade which is a great substitute for lemons.
If you know you're making chicken fajitas the day before, I suggest refreshing your Thrive cheddar cheese. I have a video on it here. You can refresh it and use it within 30 minutes but it's just better when you do it ahead. We make enough to last us about a week and keep it in a resealable bag.
Thrive has a sour cream powder. We keep it on hand because we rarely buy sour cream since we don't use it very often. The consistency of the sour cream powder is not the same as store bought, but works in a pinch. It's great for baking too.
If you're watching your sodium content, skip the Chef Choice seasoning and use the chopped chicken. The seasoned chicken already has seasoning. If you do those two swaps, you have low sodium chicken fajitas. You'll hear in the video how I talk about Chili's fajitas. They used to be a favorite of mine until I fell off my chair when I saw the sodium count. While they only have 440 calories in a serving, there is 2,550mg of sodium! WHAT!!! The daily recommended is between 1,500-2,300 depending on your size. Going out to eat can be scary and we are always looking for ways to cut the sodium and still have a delicious meal.
After you've tried our chicken fajita recipe, drop a comment and let us know how you liked it.
What's the BEST way to shop for Thrive products?
We're excited that you are interested in learning more about Thrive Foods and how you can use them in your everyday cooking to save time and money in the kitchen and also have food on hand for emergencies. Here are 3 ways you can buy Thrive and know you are getting the best deals:
- Shop our Consultant Website: This way you will save huge off retail pricing by shopping with us as your consultants. By joining our list you'll receive a temporary password but you can shop ANY TIME and get wholesale prices by visiting https://
- Join the Thrive Delivery Service: Get the BEST prices on Thrive, sent to your doorstep, at a budget you can afford every single month. Choose from hundreds of ingredients or meals, schedule your delivery, cancel or skip anytime. We'll remind you of what's coming before each order so you can change it if you'd like. You'll also receive monthly coupons for specials only available to our Delivery Service customers. PLUS you receive FREE SHIPPING on Deliveries $100 or more! Be sure to activate your order. If you would like it to process today, after you select a date, go back into your Delivery and click on Ship Now. Not ready to set up a Delivery? No problem! You can still place individual orders. When you shop through our Thrive Life website, you'll receive our wholesale pricing.
- Become a Consultant: Earn commission and free food benefits off your OWN purchases and when you tell your family and friends about Thrive. There are no mandatory sales quotas. You select one of our Consultant kits to get started. Learn more about being a Thrive Life Consultant here.
Lisa and Rich Jelinek