Thrive Bechamel Sauce is the secret ingredient to making creamy white sauce in minutes. It has made my life easier and you can use it many ways. Want fettuccine Alfredo, cheese sauce, or potato soup? Use Bechamel Sauce!
It's another one of my favorite ways to save time in the kitchen! It's certified gluten free, GMO free and doesn't contain artificial colors or flavors.
- 3 sli. bacon, diced small
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 2 1/2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 tsp. shallots, minced
- 3 tbsp. Thrive Chopped Onions - Freeze Dried
- 3 tbsp. Thrive Celery - Freeze Dried
- 3 tbsp. Thrive Carrot Dices
- 1/4 tsp. thyme, dry
- 3/4 tsp. Old Bay seafood seasoning
- 1 1/2 c. chopped clams
- 3 c. clam juice
- 1 tsp. clam base
- 3 c. water
- 1 c. Thrive Potato Dices - Freeze Dried
- 2 c. Thrive Béchamel (Creamy White Sauce)
- 1/2 c. Thrive Sour Cream Powder
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Cholula hot sauce
- 1 tsp. Thrive Chives
- 1 tsp. Thrive Parsley
- In a skillet, brown the bacon and drain grease (or reserve some to add flavor to soup). Set aside.
- In a heavy duty 3 quart saucepan, sweat butter, garlic, and shallots to release flavor.
- Add bacon, onions, celery, carrots, thyme, Old Bay seasoning, and clams with juice and base. Allow to sweat for a minute.
- Add water and bring to a simmer.
- Add potatoes, then whisk in béchamel. Bring to a simmer for 3-4 minutes on low or until thickens.
- Reduce heat and add remaining ingredients.
This recipe serves 8. If you would like to make a smaller or larger serving, click here.
Pro Tip: In this recipe you're using the Sour Cream Powder as a mix in. If you have this on hand and you want to make sour cream, I suggest doing it the day before to give it time to "set." In a pinch you can make it when you need it but if you have the time, make it ahead. Also, the flavor isn't "bam" even though I personally have never thought sour cream has a "bam" type flavor. You can feel free to mix other seasonings in it to suit your taste. It's a low sodium item so feel free to add a pinch more salt to suit your taste buds.
Why use Thrive Life foods?
Thrive food is different than any other kind you’ll find on the market.
- These foods won’t spoil in a few days…or even a few weeks. They’re good.
- You won’t be thawing, degreasing, or cutting raw meat.
- You won’t be chopping veggies or washing and peeling fruit.
- There’s an extra burst of flavor you won’t find anywhere else! Just take a bite!
- Just toss in any meal or refresh (rehydrate) in warm water.
- Free of GMOs, preservatives, artificial nonsense and chemical junk
- The Nutrilock Promise! It's our little secret that makes our food higher in nutrients and freeze-dried fresh all year long. It's a rigorous 41 step process that one we own, and that it takes that wild, naturally ripened food and gently locks in the nutrients and flavor without the use of preservatives. Can the grocery store do that?
Want to get a percentage back on your own Thrive Life orders and recommend the products to others? Join us and become a consultant. Click here for details. When you sign up, watch for our names - Lisa and Rich Jelinek to know you're on our site. We'll be sending you an email welcome and check your junk folder if you don't see it.
Lisa and Rich Jelinek