Thrive Bechamel Sauce is the secret ingredient to making creamy white sauce in minutes. It has made my life easier and you can use it many ways. Want fettuccine Alfredo, cheese sauce, or potato soup? Use Bechamel Sauce!
It's another one of my favorite ways to save time in the kitchen! It's certified gluten free, GMO free and doesn't contain artificial colors or flavors.
- 3 sli. bacon, diced small
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 2 1/2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 tsp. shallots, minced
- 3 tbsp. Thrive Chopped Onions - Freeze Dried
- 3 tbsp. Thrive Celery - Freeze Dried
- 3 tbsp. Thrive Carrot Dices
- 1/4 tsp. thyme, dry
- 3/4 tsp. Old Bay seafood seasoning
- 1 1/2 c. chopped clams
- 3 c. clam juice
- 1 tsp. clam base
- 3 c. water
- 1 c. Thrive Potato Dices - Freeze Dried
- 2 c. Thrive Béchamel (Creamy White Sauce)
- 1/2 c. Thrive Sour Cream Powder
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Cholula hot sauce
- 1 tsp. Thrive Chives
- 1 tsp. Thrive Parsley
- In a skillet, brown the bacon and drain grease (or reserve some to add flavor to soup). Set aside.
- In a heavy duty 3 quart saucepan, sweat butter, garlic, and shallots to release flavor.
- Add bacon, onions, celery, carrots, thyme, Old Bay seasoning, and clams with juice and base. Allow to sweat for a minute.
- Add water and bring to a simmer.
- Add potatoes, then whisk in béchamel. Bring to a simmer for 3-4 minutes on low or until thickens.
- Reduce heat and add remaining ingredients.
This recipe serves 8. If you would like to make a smaller or larger serving, click here.
Pro Tip: In this recipe you're using the Sour Cream Powder as a mix in. If you have this on hand and you want to make sour cream, I suggest doing it the day before to give it time to "set." In a pinch you can make it when you need it but if you have the time, make it ahead. Also, the flavor isn't "bam" even though I personally have never thought sour cream has a "bam" type flavor. You can feel free to mix other seasonings in it to suit your taste. It's a low sodium item so feel free to add a pinch more salt to suit your taste buds.
What's the BEST way to shop for Thrive products?
We're excited that you are interested in learning more about Thrive Foods and how you can use them in your everyday cooking to save time and money in the kitchen and also have food on hand for emergencies. Here are 3 ways you can buy Thrive and know you are getting the best deals:
- Shop our Consultant Website: This way you will save huge off retail pricing by shopping with us as your consultants. By joining our list you'll receive a temporary password but you can shop ANY TIME and get wholesale prices by visiting https://
- Join the Thrive Delivery Service: Get the BEST prices on Thrive, sent to your doorstep, at a budget you can afford every single month. Choose from hundreds of ingredients or meals, schedule your delivery, cancel or skip anytime. We'll remind you of what's coming before each order so you can change it if you'd like. You'll also receive monthly coupons for specials only available to our Delivery Service customers. PLUS you receive FREE SHIPPING on Deliveries $100 or more! Be sure to activate your order. If you would like it to process today, after you select a date, go back into your Delivery and click on Ship Now. Not ready to set up a Delivery? No problem! You can still place individual orders. When you shop through our Thrive Life website, you'll receive our wholesale pricing.
- Become a Consultant: Earn commission and free food benefits off your OWN purchases and when you tell your family and friends about Thrive. There are no mandatory sales quotas. You select one of our Consultant kits to get started. Learn more about being a Thrive Life Consultant here.
- Sign up for our newsletter: Stay updated on sales, recipes and kitchen tips. Sign up here.
Lisa and Rich Jelinek