I love the convenience of making meals in a jar! It's a great way to have a quick meal ready to go sitting on your pantry shelf or in your food storage area.
You can serve in a soft taco shell, as a taco salad, or by itself as a casserole. It's delicious with any traditional taco toppings! We topped ours with Thrive shredded cheddar cheese and Thrive sour cream powder. Those are both items we don't use a lot of and instead of overbuying and then having to use everything before it spoils, we just make what we need.
You know what that also helps with? Extra calories! Before Thrive Life, if we bought something we HAD to use it before it expired. Sometimes that meant eating WAY too much. I know we've all been there shoveling those few extra forkfuls in our mouth and then wondering why we gained the extra weight. Now we don't have waste, can watch our serving sizes and as a benefit see our tummies getting smaller.
This recipe calls for Seasoned Chicken Slices which are heavily discounted this month for delivery customers. I like having smaller chunks of chicken so I broke them apart but feel free to just use chopped chicken if you prefer.
Ingredients for Quart size jar:
- 3/4 c. Thrive Seasoned Chicken Slices
- 3/4 c. Thrive Freeze-Dried Red Peppers
- 1/4 c. Thrive Freeze-Dried Green Chili Peppers
- 1 1/2 c. Thrive Instant White Rice or Brown Rice
- 1/4 c. Thrive Freeze-Dried Chopped Onions
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning (If you use my salt free recipe, use 3 tablespoons)
- 1/4 c. Thrive Tomato Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. Salt (optional)
Ingredients for Pint size jar:
- 1/2 c. Thrive Seasoned Chicken Slices
- 1/3 c. Thrive Freeze-Dried Red Peppers
- 2 tablespoons Thrive Freeze-Dried Green Chili Peppers
- 3/4 c. Thrive Instant White Rice or Brown Rice
- 2 tablespoons Thrive Freeze-Dried Chopped Onions
- 1/2 packet Taco Seasoning (If you use my salt free recipe, use 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons Thrive Tomato Powder
- 3/4 tsp. Salt (optional)
- I always like to bring up the Thrive green chili peppers. If you like your food hotter, than use the amount recommended. Me, not so much. Since I made the pint jar, I cut the amount in 1/2 (1 tablespoon) and it was the perfect amount of heat for our meal.
- If you are using Thrive shredded cheddar cheese, I suggest making it the night before. The cheese will stay good in the fridge for around 5 days. I'll never buy cheese from the store again because this is so convenient for us. Watch my video on refreshing your cheese here.
- Thrive sour cream powder. While you can make a small batch and use it right away, again it's better to let set overnight in the fridge. The sour cream powder does not have the same consistency as the sour cream you purchase in the store. It is runnier. I loved it drizzled on top of this meal! I do add a little extra powder when refreshing than the directions require. The sour cream powder is nice to have on hand and is good for baking recipes that call for sour cream. It will remind you more of marshmallow fluff when you make a batch.
- I love this measuring cup and spoon set! It has a 3/4 cup, a 2 cup and a lot of great sizes that come in handy when you're cooking.
- Funnels make Meals In a Jar recipes easy! I know, I've tried it without. Need a funnel? Here is the one in the video.
- Want to make your own salt free taco seasoning? Here's my recipe.
What's the BEST way to shop for Thrive products?
We're excited that you are interested in learning more about Thrive Foods and how you can use them in your everyday cooking to save time and money in the kitchen and also have food on hand for emergencies. Here are 3 ways you can buy Thrive and know you are getting the best deals:
- Shop our Consultant Website: This way you will save huge off retail pricing by shopping with us as your consultants. By joining our list you'll receive a temporary password but you can shop ANY TIME and get wholesale prices by visiting https://
- Join the Thrive Delivery Service: Get the BEST prices on Thrive, sent to your doorstep, at a budget you can afford every single month. Choose from hundreds of ingredients or meals, schedule your delivery, cancel or skip anytime. We'll remind you of what's coming before each order so you can change it if you'd like. You'll also receive monthly coupons for specials only available to our Delivery Service customers. PLUS you receive FREE SHIPPING on Deliveries $100 or more! Be sure to activate your order. If you would like it to process today, after you select a date, go back into your Delivery and click on Ship Now. Not ready to set up a Delivery? No problem! You can still place individual orders. When you shop through our Thrive Life website, you'll receive our wholesale pricing.
- Become a Consultant: Earn commission and free food benefits off your OWN purchases and when you tell your family and friends about Thrive. There are no mandatory sales quotas. You select one of our Consultant kits to get started. Learn more about being a Thrive Life Consultant here.
- Sign up for our newsletter: Stay updated on sales, recipes and kitchen tips. Sign up here.
Lisa and Rich Jelinek