This nugget of a recipe packs a lot of flavor in a simple dish. This was also a one pot meal since we didn't have to cook the chicken, onions, green peppers and green chili peppers separately.
We love using Thrive's freeze-dried foods because of the convenience, time-savings, less clean up and less waste. We can use the amounts we need without having excess available that we need to plan into another meal that week.
A quick example is onions. With Thrive chopped onion, I can scoop out a 1/2 cup and let it refresh while the meal is cooking. Another HUGE, and I mean HUGE benefit is I don't have to peel the onion and chop it. Don't you hate when your hands smell like onion and your husband or kids walk in the kitchen and wonder why you're crying? Yep, been there.
For this recipe, you can substitute whatever foods you have on hand instead of using Thrive. This meal makes 2-3 servings and can easily be adjusted to make a meal for one or a meal for families of four or eight. Another great thing about Thrive Life foods, is that if you want a little more chopped chicken and less beans in a recipe, just scoop out the amount you want. You don't have to be concerned about not using all your fresh ingredients because Thrive food won't go bad. Why is freeze-dried the best? Read about Thrive Life's amazing process and Nutrilock promise here.
1/2 cup Thrive chopped onion
1/2 cup Thrive green bell peppers
1/2 cup Thrive sweet corn
1/4 cup Thrive green chili peppers (optional)
1 cup Thrive chopped chicken
1 15 ounce can of no sodium or low sodium black beans (drained), or 1 1/2 cups Thrive instant black beans
1 to 1 1/2 cups cooked instant rice (whatever brand of instant rice you prefer)
12 ounces salsa (can be a store brand or homemade)
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon oregano
1/4 cup Thrive shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
1 tablespoon Thrive cilantro (optional)
1 diced avocado (optional)
- Cook instant rice according to directions. Since I made this in 1 skillet, I cooked my rice in the skillet I would be using.
- While rice is cooking, scoop 1 cup of Thrive chopped chicken into 2 cups warm water and let it refresh for 15-20 minutes. Thrive chopped chicken is already cooked. You can choose to let your chopped chicken refresh while cooking but since the rice was being made, I wanted to get a jump on refreshing the chicken so the meal takes 20 minutes total.
- Once rice is done, add remaining ingredients and spices. Since I used a can of no sodium beans for this recipe, I didn't make Thrive's instant black beans. If I would have, they only take 20 minutes to cook and also have no sodium. I was trying to keep this to 1 skillet for easy clean up.
- Serve with shredded cheddar cheese sprinkled on top, cilantro or avocado.
With any of our recipes, you'll notice the lack of added salt and the use of low sodium or no sodium foods. You can feel free to use salt either in the meal while cooking or add it at the end.
What's the BEST way to shop for Thrive products?
We're excited that you are interested in learning more about Thrive Foods and how you can use them in your everyday cooking to save time and money in the kitchen and also have food on hand for emergencies. Here are 3 ways you can buy Thrive and know you are getting the best deals:
- Shop our Consultant Website: This way you will save huge off retail pricing by shopping with us as your consultants. By joining our list you'll receive a temporary password but you can shop ANY TIME and get wholesale prices by visiting https://
- Join the Thrive Delivery Service: Get the BEST prices on Thrive, sent to your doorstep, at a budget you can afford every single month. Choose from hundreds of ingredients or meals, schedule your delivery, cancel or skip anytime. We'll remind you of what's coming before each order so you can change it if you'd like. You'll also receive monthly coupons for specials only available to our Delivery Service customers. PLUS you receive FREE SHIPPING on Deliveries $100 or more! Be sure to activate your order. If you would like it to process today, after you select a date, go back into your Delivery and click on Ship Now. Not ready to set up a Delivery? No problem! You can still place individual orders. When you shop through our Thrive Life website, you'll receive our wholesale pricing.
- Become a Consultant: Earn commission and free food benefits off your OWN purchases and when you tell your family and friends about Thrive. There are no mandatory sales quotas. You select one of our Consultant kits to get started. Learn more about being a Thrive Life Consultant here.
- Sign up for our newsletter: Stay updated on sales, recipes and kitchen tips. Sign up here.
Lisa and Rich Jelinek