I'm all about making a recipe as quick and easy as it can get and when I can make it in one skillet, pot or pan - Booyah, it's a winner!
I remember my mom making homemade spaghetti sauce and cooking it for HOURS and smelling it all day until my appetite was voracious and I could have inhaled the whole pot of spaghetti before it hit the plate.
However, that's never been me.
I've always been a jar of spaghetti sauce kinda gal. The bad thing is it's VERY high in sodium. I had been using a low sodium version that I found but the sodium count was still a lot higher than I'd like.
In steps Thrive Tomato Powder! It's perfect! Low in sodium and super versatile. You can make it into spaghetti sauce, tomato paste, tomato sauce, tomato juice, as a topping, tomato soup, pizza sauce, salad dressing...the list goes on and on! Thrive Life does carry tomato sauce too but it's just a little higher sodium count.
Chicken and Veggie Spaghetti
About a quarter diameter of Angel Hair pasta (dry) If you want a larger serving, make more pasta.
1/2 cup Thrive chopped chicken
1/4 cup Thrive tomato dices
1/4 cup Thrive asparagus
1/4 cup Thrive mushrooms
1/4 cup Thrive broccoli
1/4 cup Thrive red bell peppers
1/4 cup Thrive green beans
1/4 cup Thrive tomato powder
1/4 cup Thrive mozzarella cheese
1/8 cup Thrive chopped onions
1 teaspoon Thrive Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon Thrive parsley (garnish)
1. In your pot/skillet, boil about 3 cups water. Once boiling, break Angel Hair pasta into 4 and cook until al dente. Once done, drain and add back to pot.
2. In a separate bowl, add 1/4 cup Thrive tomato powder to 1 cup water and Italian Seasoning and whisk together. Add to skillet and stir.
3. Add chopped chicken, chopped onions, tomato dices, asparagus, mushrooms, broccoli, red peppers, green beans, and 2 cups of water. Cook on medium heat, covered, for about 8 minutes. Test the broccoli or asparagus to make sure it's refreshed.
4. Mix in 1/4 cup Thrive mozzarella cheese.
5. Serve and top with Thrive parsley. You can also top with more mozzarella cheese because we all love that ooey gooey cheesy goodness!
Serves 2 but if you want larger servings, add more pasta. Most of our recipes will show the serves 2 option and you can double or triple as needed. I especially like to do this the first time I make a recipe so we can critique it and see if something should be changed. Another thing I love about Thrive foods is that you can tweak anything and not have to be concerned that a portion will go to waste because you're just scooping it out of a can. The beauty of freeze-dried foods!
The recipe will take you under 20 minutes. I spent the most time waiting for the water to boil and after that...toss, toss, toss and cook! No chopping required.
If you've tried our Chicken and Veggie Spaghetti recipe, leave a comment and let us know how you enjoyed it.
What's the BEST way to shop for Thrive products?
We're excited that you are interested in learning more about Thrive Foods and how you can use them in your everyday cooking to save time and money in the kitchen and also have food on hand for emergencies. Here are 3 ways you can buy Thrive and know you are getting the best deals:
- Shop our Consultant Website: This way you will save huge off retail pricing by shopping with us as your consultants. By joining our list you'll receive a temporary password but you can shop ANY TIME and get wholesale prices by visiting https://
- Join the Thrive Delivery Service: Get the BEST prices on Thrive, sent to your doorstep, at a budget you can afford every single month. Choose from hundreds of ingredients or meals, schedule your delivery, cancel or skip anytime. We'll remind you of what's coming before each order so you can change it if you'd like. You'll also receive monthly coupons for specials only available to our Delivery Service customers. PLUS you receive FREE SHIPPING on Deliveries $100 or more! Be sure to activate your order. If you would like it to process today, after you select a date, go back into your Delivery and click on Ship Now. Not ready to set up a Delivery? No problem! You can still place individual orders. When you shop through our Thrive Life website, you'll receive our wholesale pricing.
- Become a Consultant: Earn commission and free food benefits off your OWN purchases and when you tell your family and friends about Thrive. There are no mandatory sales quotas. You select one of our Consultant kits to get started. Learn more about being a Thrive Life Consultant here.
- Sign up for our newsletter: Stay updated on sales, recipes and kitchen tips. Sign up here.
Lisa and Rich Jelinek