Looking for a fast and easy dinner all made in one pan? Look no further!
I found some GioVanna Rana Roasted Tomato and Mozzarella Tortelloni and knew I had to try them because they sounded delicious! It comes in a 10 ounce package and has no GMOs, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives and that's my jam. Not to mention that it boasts a 4 minute cooking time! WOW! Winner!!
Did you notice these said tortelloni and not tortellini? It's not a typo. Tortelloni is pasta in the same ring shape as tortellini but larger. If you've cooked with tortellini before, you'll notice the difference immediately.
While the package states a cooking time of 4 minutes, I did cook ours for 5 minutes because I wanted a softer bite.
Be ready with your ingredients because when the water starts boiling and you add in the tortelloni, you add everything else too! That's the beauty of using Thrive foods. You just need to refresh with water. The Thrive chopped chicken is already cooked and this saves you the time of washing, chopping, cooking and all the clean up that comes with it.
Even though the tortelloni has roasted tomato in it, I decided to add Thrive tomato dices because they taste like sun-dried tomatoes to me.
Chicken and Broccoli Tortelloni
10 ounces package of GioVanna Rana Roasted Tomato and Mozzarella Tortelloni
1 1/2 cups Thrive chopped chicken
1 1/2 cups Thrive broccoli
1 cup Thrive tomato dices
1 can low sodium chickpeas
1/2 lemon (squeezed)
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 - 3/4 cup feta cheese
1 tablespoon Thrive basil
1. Add about 6 cups of water to pan and bring to a boil.
2. While waiting for the water to boil, drain your can of chickpeas and rinse with water.
3. In a separate bowl, squeeze lemon and mix with red wine vinegar and olive oil.
4. Once the water is boiling, add tortelloni, chopped chicken, and tomato dices. Cook 5 minutes.
5. Drain everything that was in your pan and then return to stove. Mix in your chickpeas, lemon mixture, basil and feta cheese.
BAM! Done! Serve as is or top with more feta cheese. Wasn't that E-A-S-Y?!?
The water took about 5 minutes to boil, then another 5 minutes to cook everything and on to the table. You'd spend longer driving to a fast food restaurant and waiting in the drive thru for a meal no where near as tasty and nutritious.
This meal serves 4.
Want even less dishes? Wait until you return everything that was boiling to the pan and then squeeze your lemon on top, add the red wine vinegar and olive oil and mix.
The Thrive basil was an afterthought once I mixed everything together. I'm sure you've had those moments when you look at a meal and then are ready to taste it and say...let's add one more thing!
As a side note on the chickpeas, per hubby... he said he felt this meal could leave them out and would be just as tasty. It's your decision and leave us a comment when you make this. Did you leave the chickpeas in or out?
What's the BEST way to shop for Thrive products?
We're excited that you are interested in learning more about Thrive Foods and how you can use them in your everyday cooking to save time and money in the kitchen and also have food on hand for emergencies. Here are 3 ways you can buy Thrive and know you are getting the best deals:
- Shop our Consultant Website: This way you will save huge off retail pricing by shopping with us as your consultants. By joining our list you'll receive a temporary password but you can shop ANY TIME and get wholesale prices by visiting https://
- Join the Thrive Delivery Service: Get the BEST prices on Thrive, sent to your doorstep, at a budget you can afford every single month. Choose from hundreds of ingredients or meals, schedule your delivery, cancel or skip anytime. We'll remind you of what's coming before each order so you can change it if you'd like. You'll also receive monthly coupons for specials only available to our Delivery Service customers. PLUS you receive FREE SHIPPING on Deliveries $100 or more! Be sure to activate your order. If you would like it to process today, after you select a date, go back into your Delivery and click on Ship Now. Not ready to set up a Delivery? No problem! You can still place individual orders. When you shop through our Thrive Life website, you'll receive our wholesale pricing.
- Become a Consultant: Earn commission and free food benefits off your OWN purchases and when you tell your family and friends about Thrive. There are no mandatory sales quotas. You select one of our Consultant kits to get started. Learn more about being a Thrive Life Consultant here.
- Sign up for our newsletter: Stay updated on sales, recipes and kitchen tips. Sign up here.
Lisa and Rich Jelinek